Nearly Skunked- any suggestions

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Bigfoot!, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Our fishing group went to Salt Fork and went fishing in a stump field Saturday night. All that was caught in 13 hours was a midsized Channel cat and a humongous carp with a nasty scar on his face that acted like he was sick. Can anyone help me on letting me in on some good places to fish for flatheads without giving away secret fishing spots? I haven't caught a single flat ever. If I would catch one, I'd release it where I caught it. I just haven't had the right spots to fish. Can anyone help me out on spots for catching flats?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Relax man... Flathead fishing takes time and patience. Sounds like you were trying to target structure, and thats always a plus for flatheads. Maybe you should try it another night or two before writing it off.:wink: Goodluck...rollo

3. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Besides, it's almost impossible to "help" someone out, without giving away a secret hole. :) If enough people know what areas are best, sooner or later they will find your spot. :crazy:

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i would say that stump field would be good,especially if it is adjacent to deeper water,maybe even a drop off.
    being a stump field,i would assume that its kinda shallow,if it is,make sure you keep the noise minimal and no lights either.they aren't very keen on stuff like that.
    maybe even fish a bobber about five to ten feet out set only a couple of feet deep.big fish like to come close to bank and feed also.

5. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    fish banks.. with lots of cover.. and before or after fast flowing water

6. TheFlatheadWhisperer

TheFlatheadWhisperer New Member

State:
    ohio
    give it a few more trips. keep your head up bud. they're in there.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kinda tend to think this full moon were almost at may have a big influence on the fish bites. It's a sorta hit miss at the moment. We all know fish eat everyday it's just what are they eating an how to get the bite. Good luck fishing.

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this spot had to be a good one man...I was there and even tho we didnt do good doesnt mean we wouldnt in the future. I mean its shallow full of stumps and close to that creek channel...there was that flat carcus on the bank and the fact that those limbliners are hitting it hard for a reason...the reason being they are in there. Just something messed us up that night...maybe weather or moon phases who knows. Ide wanna hit it another time or two before i rulled it out. before i forget to be fair i dont think there were any fish in this area. We had like 6 guys over this whole huge cove and out into the main lake. All were insanely quiet, except for some snoring later on lol. we ran floats, bottom, shallow, deep, up against the bank, way out, and everything in between, we through every bait known to man as well. John, seems how me and will got skunked the night before on the same lake (except for leatherbacks :angry:) i would assume there was another circumstance affecting their feeding. Oh and Jim got skunked to and he fishes that lake all the time and knows it better than anyone. The fishing gods just didnt wish to reward us with a sighting from mr.flatty im afraid....we'll get him next time champ.

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    take your time flathead fishing takes time it will come to you and when it does it will come in a big way

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My best luck flathead fishing in lakes has not come from structure but from fishing smaller bluegills under bobers not far from the banks at night.