Nealy's Bend Boat ramp

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, May 30, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone have any problems leaving the truck and trailer down here, I have heard it is not a good place leave your stuff due to the location. I would love to do some night fishing on that stretch but wondering what everyones opinions are on the area.

Thanks

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I forgot to mention it's in madison. On the cumberland river

3. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I work for 911 in Nashville and we use to have a lot of car break ins down there. Had some worse stuff happen down there too if you know what I mean...a lot worse. In the past year though the park patrol has actually started hitting it pretty hard and I don't think I can recall the last time we had anything happen out there. I think it would be safe to leave your vehicle down there now, but I wouldn't leave anything valuable inside just in case. Directly across the river from that point is a good spot, and if you're good with the depth finder, right off of the boat ramp and down river just a tiny bit you should look for sudden humps that are car size. There are a lot of cars that have been dropped in down there and they're too far away for the wreckers to get them. They may provide some current breaks for you.