NE Cape Fear Thread

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mhbomber, May 27, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Well, I got a little confidence back today out on the river and we finally landed a few blues. We got out there around 1230 and fished untill about 715. We ended the day with 4 fish..a 12, 7,3 and a 1. The first three fish came off the same pole and the same piece of cut eel and the small guy came off a piece of shrimp. We had a number of good bites, a couple cats came off after a few reels and we had a good many gar bites. Great weather today...maybe I will be able to get out there again tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey matt you got to watch where you take picts at some of us know your honeyhole now :big_smile: good trip hope you get to go tommorow good luck

3. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    haha....Well what you don't know is we caught those fish somewhere else and drove there to take the pics! :wink:

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    yeah sure u did :wink::smile2:

Matt thought u were coming to the house to check out the rod holders ?

5. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I have been meaning to call you Dickie...I'll be callin you soon...We just finished baseball over the weekend and he has been busy at work this week.

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Well its a sad day for me...I just got off the river and we got skunked on my last trip before I head up to Mass. until the end of July. We got run off by lightning at the beginning of the trip and headed back out with no luck. We had a lot of attention from the gars, but none hooked up. Oh well....thats why its called fishing.

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    well matt don,t feel bad we went sat 3pm -10pm not a bite .hope the fish are waiting on next saturday for the tourney

8. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Hopefully you are just saving them all for the tourny. Maybe you and Wes can make it 3 in a row. It's COLD up here in Mass. It got down to 33 last night. We are going white water rafting in the morning and then I am probably going to hit a few mountain streams for some trout...Maybe I'll post a few pics...Good luck to you guys down there.