NE Cape Fear 5/2

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mhbomber, May 3, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Randy was nice enough to invite me and a couple of my buddies out on his pontoon for some fishing last night at Castle Hayne. We put got out there in the afternoon around 5 and fished all night. The cats weren't hungry last night I guess..we managed four small cats and a pretty decent sized gar. It was night to get on the water though..Randy was a great host and I know my buddies enjoyed the night as well.

Attached Files:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i see randy got the trailer fixed ,i was lucky enough to fish with randy a couple of sat ago he is a great host

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well man, sometimes it happens like that. It seems to happen to me every time I go on the NE Cape Fear:smile2:

At least you got to get out on the water and fish some. And that is one big gar there!

4. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hit the ne last night with a bunch of bream and some shrimp. fished the big sand bar about 1 mile east of Long Creek with no success. fished 2 different creek mouths where they meet the big river with only several bumps. i think the full moon had a big role in it, but I even fished the mouth of a creek on an outer bend where the trees blocked alot of the moonlight with no success. granted i was targeting fish 10lb and up with the bait I was using but I expected better luck.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well Mike, that's about the extent of most of my trips on the NE. It's usually a struggle for me that's for sure.

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I just walked in the door from the river and i guess the catfish have packed up and moved out of there. I still have not caught one over 10 pounds out of there in 09! We used some bream and eel for bait and only had two bites. Water temp was 76 and it was pretty chilly outside...definitely did not feel like May out there. Maybe next time.

7. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i know after going to the weigh in sunday morning there are some big cats in the north east but they came off trout lines i hope some of them were put back in the river
    r&R WE DIDN,T HAVE ANY LUCK

8. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Good to hear somebody is catchin some out there! By the way..how big are we talkin??

9. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Matt big fish was 57.5 lbs there were a couple more in the 50 s some in 30 an the 40s thats the reason i said i hope some got put back into the rivers