NCWRC Biologists To Speak About NC Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, May 2, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    There will be a group of NCWRC biologists that will be speaking to a group of us at Gander Mountain May 9th.

Any of you that have questions concerning the future of catfish managment in NC should make plans to attend. This will be a good opportunity to get some questions answered about what is going on with catfish in the state.

It is at 7:00pm and the Gander Mountain store is off I-77 at exit 36 in Mooresville.

If you have any questions or need direction please PM LakeNormanBlues or myself.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Dieter,ask them if they would consider doing one of these presentations here in eastern NC say at Fayetteville which has an active catfish club.Do they need to be sponsored?Secondly ask them what THEY feel is the most effective way for sportsmen to precipitate change.Not just in fishing regs but in general.Also ask them if you would what catfish research is currently being conducted if any.Thanks:big_smile:

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm going to try to be at the meeting, but why don't the guys who can't attend and have questions post them here and we'll see if we can't get them answered at the meeting and report back with the info. come on, let's hear 'em.

4. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'll do my best to be there!

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Will do guys! If you can not make it post some questions and Mac and myself will toss them out there.

6. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Were do we come to at Gander Mt.? I'll be there tomorrow night.

7. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    anyone....anyone :lol:

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Colt it is in the back right hand corner of the store. I think it is called the cove. Look for myself, or Mac, or ol' Gus near the front door hanging out. We will be the loud ones talking!!!! :lol:

If you or anyone else needs directions just PM me.

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, I can't be there due to my work schedule, I'm sure all the right questions will be asked. Just let him know how we feel about taking care of catfish for the future.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Hopefully we will get some folks to turn out, but my feeling is that it is not a priority for most. It is a rare opportunity to speak with the biologists who have the ability to get the wheels of catfish management rolling in NC.

11. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just ask them if they can become a BOC member and make link on the NC forum for NCWRC Biologists, that way people wont have to burn $60 or more in gas just to talk to someone, they will get more opinions and questions much faster than having meetings every few months.

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Jason I doubt that will happen since the BOC is a commercial site. There are several biologists from different states that frequent this forum and follow the threads on management.

For you guys in the eastern part of the state I can understand not wanting to spend $60-$100 and drive 6-8 hours round trip, so I would suggest organizing some type of forum in your part of the state to discuss matters with biologists from your area. There are a couple of catfish clubs in that part of the state that could handle that.

Hopefully we can get some of the folks in the Charlotte area to show and voice some of the questions from folks around the state.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i enjoyed it fellows. good to see progress being made!