NCCATS Dates Announced

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Dec 6, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Below is a listing of the NCCATS events for 2008. Like last year, they have secured $1,000 first place prizes for three of the events!

These guys run a first class tournament series and some of the best catmen in the southeast compete in this series.

Lake Norman
    12 January / 7:00am-3:00pm
    Pinnacle Access Area

Lake Tillery
    9 February / 7:00am-3:00pm
    Cooks Marina
    Guaranteed $1,000 First Place Prize!

Mountain Island Lake
    23 February / 7:00am-3:00pm
    Riverbend Access Area

Badin Lake
    8 March / 7:00am-3:00pm
    Badin Works/Alcoa Access

Lake Hickory
    19 April / 7:00pm-8:00am
    Whittenburg Access Area

Badin Lake
    3 May / 7:00pm-8:00am
    Badin Works/Alcoa Access

High Rock Lake
    14 June / 7:00pm-8:00am
    Dutch Second Creek

Santee Cooper
    26 July / 7:00pm-8:00am
    Blacks Camp

Notes:
    Places awarded depend on the number of boats entered.
    All NCCATS tournaments are 100% payback.
    NCCATS “Member” tournament entry fee is $80.00 per boat.
    Big Fish Pot of $10.00 per boat is already included in the entry fee.
    *To fish NCCATS “Member” tournaments all participants must be a current paid dues member of NCCATS except for “Open” tournaments which are open to the public.
    NCCATS “Member” dues are $30.00 per person. “Member Spouse” membership is $40.00. “Children under the age of 16 years are free with paying “Member”.
    NCCATS “Open” tournaments have separate flyers, rules, regulations and entry fees that aren’t the same as NCCATS “Member” tournaments.*
    For more information on NCCATS tournaments log online to www.nccats.net or call Omar Edwards at (828) 312-4486 or email theolfatcat@aol.com.
    NCCATS is a not-for-profit organization.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Is anyone from the club going to fish any of the tournaments in this series???

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i plan to fish four of them myself. the two badin events and tillery and then santee. might get jumpy and hit highrock too for a learning lesson never know might win a nice door prize. my team won two 6500 c3s last year. just make sure you stay for the weigh in reguardless. mr. cableas(roundhill) left early at tillery last year and they had to give his 6500 c3 to gearhead i think. the nccats guys run the best tour. in our area as far as im concerned. you win any of these events and you can be proud. ive never won one but i sure did learn a few things from them guys. good group of fisherman. we having a practice event at tillery on the 19th of jan. too. you welcome to fish it also. may do the same thing for the march tour at badin.

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Roundhill was absent during weigh in and I was the next ticket drawn. I also won a 8 'old salt throw net at the highrock tournament and tons of hooks at some of the others. They gave away a couple of those hydroglow lights @ $250.00 a piece. A couple $500.00 gift cards. You don't want to leave a NCCATS tournament early. I pretty much was just in the running for door prizes last year. Hope this years differant . :wink:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jeremy fished all the nccats events last year and hes put a smoking on us yadkin guys this fall in our series winning two out of four events and placing high in the other two as well. i think hes learned a few trick from the nccats guys and he is appling it to the rest of us on tourney day. i wouldnt bet against him on tourney day thats for sure. he also won the championship this fall. weighed in 8 fish for a total weight of 120lbs even in four events that was 6 hours of fishing. thats a 15lb average and would win most any tourney in nc. so the boc might pull a winner out from the nccats this year with gearhead. hes caught some nice 30-40lbs fish in prefish also. hes on a roll!:wink:

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Thanks for the kind words but it wasn't easy by no means , I prefished a ton and at the last badin tournament I was catching bait at 3:00 am. Its a lot of hard work and sometimes in a rough enviroment to be prepared for these type of tournaments . Or it is for me anyways. But I enjoy it .See you guy's at the Lake Norman NCCATS tourny in 2008.

7. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    sounds like you guys should thank ol roundhill for leving early but look out i might stay for the weighin i have a little more time on all of the lakes this time around.:wink::cool2::smile2:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Mr.Cabelas i would thank you but i didnt win the reel myself. if had won it i would of gave it back to you.:wink: when omar pulled that next number i had high hopes of you still getting it but omar pulled the wrong number. nothing i could do about it so you can feel sure i was doing my best to get it to you.:smile2: now send me my signature series Ron Howard team cabelas fishing rod.:wink: i get that reel for you next time....i qurantee that but my gurantee isnt worth much so no real big hopes...okay.:smile2: so i take you might be coming to tillery again. its a good lake.