NCAAF & BCS

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by GUP, Dec 4, 2007.

1. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    What a tragedy for the Missouri Tigers. Every top 10 ten football team in the nation gets a BCS bowl, except Missouri? It just isn't right. Mizzou was robbed.

I'm done. Back to fishin.

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree with you 100%. I'm not a Mizzou fan but they got the biggest hosing of anybody for this bowl season. In my opinion they should be playing USC in the Rose Bowl instead of Illonoy! If I was a Mizzou fan I would be furious right now. Good Luck in the Cotton Bowl against the hogs. USC will kick Illonoy's A$$ in the Rose Bowl!!

3. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Gordhawk you speak the truth. Everytime I think about it, it just sets me off. The uSC game would be OK, but we should really be playing in place of Kansas. We beat them hands down, no disputing it. BCS needs to either have 1 playoff in each division, or no playoffs in each division, period. Make it fair across the board.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I gotta agree. They should have been there way before Kansas. Mizzou had a whole lot harder schedule than Kansas. BCS= Bunch of Crap Series.
    I'm just glad LSU gets to play in the big one.

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    .....:0a27:.....

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    The BCS doesn't pick who the bowls invite..........they come up with the top 2 teams. The Orange bowl picked KU over MU, as is their prerogative. The main reason I'm hearing for the choice is that KU actually has only 1 loss and the bowl felt KU fans would travel better............MU didn't sellout their allotment of tickets to a "close" Big 12 championship. Blame the bowl(business) for not picking your team, not the BCS.

Ya I know KU didn't have to play in the championship game to keep their 11-1 record............but neither did tOSU and their in the NCG with their 11-1 record,
    I guess 11-1 in a BCS conference carries some weight with the match makers.

Enjoy the games all, and good luck to your teams.

7. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I freakin hate the BCS. Where else can people pick the matchup they want irregardless of whether or not its the matchup of the best 2 teams? I want a playoff!!!

8. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I know the BCS doesn't actually pick who goes to what bowl. It's just whole thing and the way it works. If your the number 6 team you should be playing in the 3rd best bowl. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc. It's just not a somooth or decisive way to be fair to the colleges.

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    What's silly to me is only 2 teams from any 1 conference can be in a BCS bowl. That's just flat out artificially manipulating the system, especially to conferences with 2 divisions..........look at the 3 quality teams from the Big 12 (yes I'm a homer). Don't have the answers but doubt the BCS/Bowl system goes away anytime soon..........those Bowl sell out every year regardless(cha-ching). This whole BCS "controversy" keeps everyones attention on college football during this dead period............the money boys have to be happy:cool2:, the fan's stay involved and the cash flow keeps rolling in.