NCAA college softball

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishstick, May 29, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    anybody watching the women's college world series this year? anybody got a favorite team? any predictions? i just hope someone besides arizona or arizona state win it this year. :wink:

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    washington just beat arizona state in overtime. so both arizona teams are in the losers bracket. i'm pulling for washington or florida.

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    florida and washington are the only teams in the winners bracket after florida shuts out michigan. stacey nelson who pitched for florida was on fire tonight. it's looking like washington and florida might play for the championship. it's all loser bracket games tomorrow. and sunday washington and florida will play the winners of tomorrows games. florida and washington have the best pitchers so if they play for the championship game it should be some good softball.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I live about 25 miles from the field, pass it twice each day...and haven't even driven into the parking lot. Just not into softball. Course, I still like looking...LOL

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    those girls can play some ball now

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    georgia sent missouri home today and alabama sent arizona home. alabama looked really good beating arizona 14 to nothing. 2 more games for this evening to finish up the loser bracket.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well, give another one to georgia. they just sent michigan home. now we'll se if alabama can do it again against arizona state. go SEC

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    alabama sends arizona state home and the SEC will have 3 teams in the semi-finals. so now it's down to florida, georgia, alabama, and the only pac-10 team left washington.

9. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    You are right those girls can play. I enjoy watching them. I think that
    if Alabama and Georgia win today they have to turn around and play
    Florida and Washington again. It will be hard for Alabama and Georgia
    to advance having to play the same team back to back on the same day.

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    you're right poppa they will have to beat washington and florida twice. thats the bad part of being in the loser bracket. but if they both play like yesterday then it could happen. go SEC

11. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    um i think its going to come down to Washington vs. Florida this year!!!! but the sun devils and wildcats are going to put a fight for that number 1 spot!!

12. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well danielle lawrey just walked home the winning run for georgia in a 9th inning 8 to 8 ball game so georgia stays alive for game 2 against washington. now lets see what florida can do with alabama.
    mallory where u been, arizona and arizona state have done been sent home.

13. Little Tree Rat

State:
    Kansas
    ive been at my dads!! he dont have espn :( i couldnt watch the games..so im clueless..fill me in who is still alive? who has been sent home?

14. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang mallory, i hate that you missed the games last night. they were some good ones. florida and alabama are playing today and it looks like alabama is going to win this game but they have to beat florida twice to advance. georgia beat washington earlier but has to beat washington again to advance. i'm not going to get to watch the games tonight so u can fill me in on them please. i read the post in the morning.

15. Little Tree Rat

State:
    Kansas
  16. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    alabama just blew a 3 run lead to lose to florida with a grand slam homer in the bottom of the 7th from florida to win 6 to 5 so alabama goes home and florida will play the winner of tonites game between washington and georgia for the championship.

17. Little Tree Rat

State:
    Kansas
    i was just gettin on to tell u that!!! that was an amazin hit specially for a girl that was 0 for 9

18. Little Tree Rat

State:
    Kansas
    WASHINGTON beat Georgia 9-3!! Washingtion plays Florida at 8 eastern time tomrrow night!! Danielle Lawry had a grandslam in the first inning!!

19. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    thanks mal---sounds like i missed a good game

20. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    bottom of the 5th and i cant stand to watch any more. washington is eating florida alive. 6 to nothing. hope florida can come back tomorrow nite