nc state registered scales?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by quadrunner42029, May 29, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    been wondering if we were to happen to catch a fish we thought was possibly a state record where in the heck could we have him weighed i dont know where any state certified scales are around and i know u have to have a biologist verify the species and whatnot , i live in new london near badin. i know 49 sporting goods is only a junky 50 lb scale and i know theres some state record blues in badin waiting to be caught and i just wanted to know where we could take one should we ever hook one that big? any help would be appreciated we have a big livewell just in case. Maybe just maybe one day it will happen, but we all wish for that lol. thanks guys.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    QUAD call the wildlife dept they might be able to help you on that just a thought :confused2: or the dept of agricultor they r the one that certfy them , weights an measures i think is what they call that dept.

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    thanks buddy my best friend is dating one of stanly counties gamewardens daughters lol i could ask him maybe he could help me. Ashely Thompson maybe you know him. if not i will try calling them. I got to have dreams dont i? lol

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    hey it can happen at any time ,it would be nice to know where to go if & when u cat that new record fish :wink:

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC