NC Sportsman magazine

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    The August issue of the North Carolina Sportsman will feature me in a story about catfishing on Lake Norman, plus it is suppose to mention the BOC.

Normally, when you go out with a sports writer you do not fare too well, because you set up the fishing date several weeks or months ahead. Well, on the date set up by Tim Mead, the sports writer, I was on my game. I had scouted for a couple of days prior to the outing with mixed results. But, on the day of the trip, everything went as it should.

I have been informed that the August issue in suppose to be on the news stand some time this week or the next at the lastest. A lot of local bait shops carry this magazine, I will pick mine up today or Monday. Since I have not seen the issue I can not comment on it, but might after I read it.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mac, congrats brother, and thanks for helping to spread the word on the BOC, true team player :wink:

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Congrats on the article. I love NCS, it is the only Mag I have renewed year after year!!!!

4. CatKing13

CatKing13 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the article! Nothing like a little big time exposure to help out the business :wink:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats Mac, i'm having to spread the juice around, so ill get ya next time

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jeeeez I didnt realize MAC was so desperate for publicity that he was exposing himself to help his business.No wonder the fish were cooperating!!!!!!!:smile2::eek:oooh::wink:Hope nobody else on the lake that day was permanently damaged.:cool2::crazy:Cant wait to read the article though,are you sure its in NCS or is it Play Girl???????????:smile2:

7. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    awsome can't wait to read

8. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    cannot wait to read it how did you get set up with that

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I did not set it up, out of the blue, the sportswriter contacted me and wanted to know if I would be interested in him doing a catfish story about me. I asked him where he got my name and he said thru another sportswriter that follows the NCCATS trail, plus he Google my name to see what my status was in the catfishing arena. As a side note, I had my best day of 2008 while he was on my boat gathering information for the story. The fishing Gods where looking out for me on that day. Mac

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Read the article and it was well done and very informative.Interesting discussion on techniques particularly the planer boards.I have never seen them used for catfish although they are common for other species.Everyone would do well to read the article if they have access to the magazine or perhaps Mac can post it to his site!!Thanks Mac good stuff and anyone having the chance should book a trip with Mac.He knows enough dirt about some of the rest of us that will keep you entertained even if the fish arent biting.!!!!:big_smile::smile2:

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I too have read the article and it was a good one. Congratulations Mac. That is a level of success that I'm sure most of us would like to reach at some point in our fishing careers.

12. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congratulations, on the article. I am glad to see that they actually went with you. For me all they did was copy an article from www.ncwildlife.org so I didn't even know I was in there until a friend called me. Good job representing all of the true catfisherman.