NC Hog hunting

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by going_crazy46, Dec 9, 2007.

1. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Any of you nc hunters know of a good place to hog hunting in nc. Need to get some meat for the freezer.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey mike i am in texas but i did a quick search on hog hunting in your state. it seems the dupont forest on the western part of the state is just opening up hog hunts and are having a problem with pigs tearing stuff up. the site said hunting them is free, but other sites said there's a season on them on public land. the site i was on said the forest is between brevard and hendersonville and has been open since 1997. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/344096/north_carolina_plans_to_permit_bear.html
    there's the site for it, it's talking about bears but hogs are in there too. good luck man!

3. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Thanks for the info. I bet you have some good deer hunting in your area.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah we have awesome deer hunting here. i have shot whitetails and mulies that weighted just over 300 before field dressing. the further down in the state you go, the smaller they get, it seems. have some good pig hunting too, but the last couple years i have had trouble getting on any anywhere. good luck to you bud!

5. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Thats a dream of mine to go to texas and get one of those big bucks.

6. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    used to see some hog sign in the Croatan National Forrest but I haven't lived in NC for about 15yrs.

7. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Morning Crazy,
    I know you asked about NC hog hunting, but, I have another option for you. I have hunted several times at Bull Mountain Hunting Preserve in Stewart, Virginia with Tony Meeks. He owns and operates a nice operation. Tony and his guides really take care of you before, after, and most importantly, during the hunt. Bull Mtn. is approx. 500 acres with a stocked trout stream bordering it. Citation Rainbow, Cutthroat, and Brookies are a very strong possibility. Tony and his guys take you to the hunting grounds via a John Deere Gator, and the fun begins with locating the swine, and a practice is to scatter them from their beds and then, after the best hog is picked (by you, of course) your shot opportunity is given. The hogs are not black/white ferals, nope, they are the real deal, trapped and trucked in, Russian strain. After the kill, Tony will dress and place the hog(s) in your cooler and he also is a great Taxidermist offering mounts. These guys treat you like family after the first hello. The operation also offers exotics, but I have only gone for hog. We like to stalk them on foot with longbows and when they charge (they will!) a head shot is very preferable. Any weapon is fair game with the exception of grenades! Hunting in the snow is extra fun. Tony offers spot and stalk, stand hunting, as well as, pushing and baying with hounds. Good prices that a working stiff like me doesn't have to mortgage the home for. Look 'em up, I'm sure you'll like it.
    Good hunting,
    Bigwhiskers, Elon NC.

8. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Do you have a number for the Bull Mountain place in Stuart Virginia?

9. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I heard hogs are moving in Va. I know a few wild hogs shot in Caswell and Person co's in NC. They way BBQ is here, be a LONG time before they get established here. Theres no closed season in Va on hogs. they better not let those Stuart hogs run off the mt. lol