NC gathering, anyone interested ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Since the BOC is canceling it's Expo 2009, what do y'all think about NC having it's first state wide gathering in the summer of 2009. We could pick a location that would be central to those that would attend. Between now and the end of 2008, let those that are interested in such an event post their desire to attend, plus a two day date, plus your first choice of a lake.

I will be the first to go on record as wanting to hold such an event. I am open to a date and location.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    My suggestion is to wait until the middle of December to pick a date. All of the major catfish tournament series should have their schedules out by then. From there we can eliminate those weekends, or perhaps plan it around one of the events. :wink:

Meanwhile, tossing out some locations to hold the gathering would be a start.

3. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Do you mind if someone from Upstate South Carolina comes?:smile2:

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I went to the gathering that cattledog had and it was great i think a state wide one would be a great idea. I'm up for it.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Do you mind if someone from Upstate South Carolina comes?..."

YES WE DO MIND!! ID's will be checked!!! :smile2:

Just messing with you!! I have been to ALL the SC events, so outta staters and not only welcomed, but encouraged!! :smile2:

6. Knot Working

Knot Working New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I have never participated in any event but would enjoy the comraderary; my boat is in great shape but truck...so so, so if it isn’t to far from LKN I'll be there. My schedule is always open.
    Going to try my luck north of 150 longbridge today just to keep my sprits up.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    sounds fun to me, you know where my favorite lakes are but I'm open to new lakes. summer not the greatest on my lake so yall pick

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd love to come! I actually think it may be better to do it in the spring or fall. It would just be a little bit better camping weather than it would in mid summer. I'm gonna suggest Sutton Lake as the location:smile2: Nah, it doesnt really matter to me. I guess one of the Triangle lakes would be the most centrally located but the fishing for cats anyways from what I've heard isn't too stellar. However, I'm down with slinging some chicken livers for a couple days, probably even bring a few green fish rods!!

9. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sounds good to me also as long as we don't have a tourny scheduled for that weekend.
    I would like to say maybe Badin or Tillery as a lake. They seem to be maybe the most centrally located.

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Anyone that is seriously interested in coming, please chime in with where you are from. From there we can get an idea of what lake is close for everyone.

Wyliecat: Gastonia / Gaston County
    LakeNormanBlues: Denver / Lincoln County
    Billfish76: Charlotte / Mecklenburg County

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    FATFLATTIE-Wilmington, New Hanover County

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    count me in!

13. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Hey yall! This is my extremely busy time of the year in the taxidermy studio. But I do drift by and keep a check on whats going on. Im game for the gathering. Working for myself, I can make it flexible. So Im in if this gets to going! Time, Place, Lake it dont matter to me. Mack I will send oyu a private message....
    Teddy

14. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes i would like to go, york county sc

15. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm interested. Wouldn't mind getting together as long as the lake holds nice fish. We could maybe even do a river instead if you want it to be in the central part of the state. I fish Kerr Lake (Buggs Island), which is a great lake year around (Blues, Flatheads, & Channels). It has lots of camp grounds. But, it is a long way from everywhere.

Person County, NC

16. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Please chime in with where you are from so we can peg a central location.

Wyliecat: Gastonia / Gaston County
    LakeNormanBlues: Denver / Lincoln County
    Billfish76: Charlotte / Mecklenburg County
    Cliff n York: York / York County
    FATFLATTIE: Wilmington / New Hanover County
    Leftenant: Person County

17. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i would be gane for fall. is busy here in elizabethtown with shad runa nd all in spring and fall just better weather. i am in elizabethtown/ bladen county

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I would most likely come.
    Bill in SC

19. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Tell me where and when and Ill try my best to be there. I think Spring would be good, as for the lake/location of course the closer the better. But Im up for going to a new place.

20. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I am game as well. We would be coming from the Winston-Salem area.

Mack if I can help out let me know!