NC deer hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by going_crazy46, Sep 21, 2009.

1. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Have any of you gotten your deer yet. I havent been out yet as bow is in the shop. Hoefully will get out next weekend.

2. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    went out 3 or 4 times its been too hot all my pics have been at night even hogs are coming out at night :eek:oooh:

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    To many skeeters yet in Missouri they will about kill you in the river bottoms.

4. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Hey Mike, I went today, My land is in Tar Heel / Bladen Co. I stuck a doe that weighed about 85 lbs. Just finished skinning her. I started using NAP Spitfire broad heads this year and it worked great she did not go anywhere. I have been trying to thin the does out the last few years. Where I'm at it is loaded with 70lbs - 100lbs does, there's just way to many. I saw 5 other deer no bucks 2 mommies a 3 fawns. I of the bigger does I seen a few times last year she has a messed up ear, never worked out to harvest her, I did not think she would live through the winter but she did. here is a photo of here from last year from a trail camera.

Attached Files:

5. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I went this afternoon the deer were moving good, I saw 5 does and 4 bucks, I took a 7 pt cull buck about 15 minutes before dark he was 45 yards away and ran about 40 yards in some thick stuff. I saw a nice health 6 that is young and will one day I hope will make a nice deer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009