NC Catfish tournaments ?

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by outdoorX, Feb 23, 2009.

1. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and Randy are thinking of doing a coupla tournaments thoughout this coming yearm we though about putting a one on on the cape fear, northeast cape, and one on sutton. We thought we could make the entry fee 20 dollars per person. and i was just trying to get and idea of how many of you would come and if you had any ideas on some good rules we could use. It would be strictly rod and reel. and boat checks before puttin them in the water. and good places to advertise.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'm down if I can make them. So long as they aren't on a weekend I have a bass tournament I'll do my best to be there. I was talking to Randy yesterday and I was thinking a 2 fish limit would make things a little more competetive and also easier to keep the fish alive since most of us aren't running big old center console boats. Just a few thoughts. Also, it may be easier to make it a "per boat" entry fee instead of a per person thing. Just make it 40 per boat or something like that and a $5 per boat side pot for biggest fish.

3. TheGrizz18

TheGrizz18 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would be willing to get in on some of that action as long as it is on the weekend. I think a per boat fee would also be better myself. " If you build it they will come" lol I dont think you will have a problem as long as you advertise on the forums. Good luck and I hope to fish in that tourney soon.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Kyle.....not sure which of these tourneys would be in your immediate area, but here's a link to one of the BOC's catfish tournament partners schedule; the ENorth Carolina Catfish Tournament Trail.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99336

5. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    hey man good to hear anything i can help you with just let me know , remeber you have to get weigh in permits at all wildlife ramps and any off the locks which is gov property you cant legaly let money change hands so check in to it, weakends are the best , per boat entry fee, and watch out for the crowd thats loves to cheat ill give you a heads up on those guys

6. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I am also interested in one of these tournys. If I am in town and can make it, I would definitely like to give it a shot. I have never fished a tourny before.