NC Catfish Citations?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by DH84, Jan 18, 2008.

1. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    Does NC give freshwater citations the way they give saltwater ones for fish over a certain weight?

i thought i read this in the reg. book but as with everything else in thier it wasnt exactly clear. i wish they would say heres what you can do and heres what you cant, instead of "in the joint waters of the neighboring river it is prohibited to fish with eels while standing on one foot and waving your hands in the air etc."

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes they do have them. tomahawk and cmj both have some. ive never applied for one myself. im not sure what the limit weight is on each species of fish. maybe someone can chime in and tell us for sure.

3. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
  4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The weight for blues is 30lbs, along with flatheads. You can get a form in the NC wildlife rules and regs book. It's in the fishing section. Fill out the form abd sent it in. It's only $5.00. In return you get a citition to hang on the wall. I have a wall full of them.

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    once you get to their web site look for NCARP...short for North Carolina Angler Recognition Program...