NC Boat Shows

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by luke1wcu, Jan 11, 2007.

1. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anybody going to any of the boat shows coming up in NC?
    I'll be at the Raleigh show on Saturday....hoping to find a good deal.
    Its time I've left the bank and expanded my horizons.

2. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Hey if you are looking for a small boat to work with I have a small 10' aluminum flat bottom jon boat. Ive been thinking about selling.

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Thank You and I will try it out.

4. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey check out Livebaiter, I think he still has his 16 jon with side console for sale. It's in good condition and made for shallow water.

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I went to the Bass and Saltwater Fishing Expo in Greensboro last weekend. They'd put on better fishing expos in years past IMO. The boat deals were pretty good though. Looked like you could save somewhere between 10-20%. I bought a MV 1648 Seaark (Sea Aardvark) with a 30hp 4 stroke Suzuki for right at $6,000. On a couple of bass boats they were knocking about $14,000 off of the price (or so their little tag claimed). Have fun.

Jon

6. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like an awesome fishing boat Jon! I know many of the places will be offering extended warranties on their motors. I know Tracker has them for normally 3 years, but until March 31 it it 6 years extended warranty...at least it was last year. I bet the best the best day to make a deal would be Sunday as the show is ending!

7. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Yeah Brian, I've been eyeing a boat of some sort for a couple of years now. Pontoon, center console, jon boat ect. and opted for the simplicity, and utility of a good ole jon boat (like a Jeep for the water). The Sea Aardvark has a lifetime hull warranty, and Suzuki is giving a 6 year warranty on the motor, "Terms and conditions apply" of course. Right now it's just a blank canvas, if you will. I'm going to do my best to keep the whole rig very simple. I pick it up tomorrow, I'll get it home then go ahead and hit it with a hammer (go ahead and get that first dent out of the way, so I don't hae to worry about it any more).

Jon

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Be sure to read your owners manual on flushing the suzuki. It'll overheat on the hose if you don't do it right.