Navionics premium hot maps 2010

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by BigBird, Jan 17, 2010.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    FYI-
    BPS concord has about 10 new 2010, they came on the today's truck. if you are interested make sure you ask for the premium fo $149.99. They wont be there long. If they sell out before you get one ask to be put on the waiting list.
    They include MIl and Tuckertown for NC and have Monticello for SC.
    I hate it as i just upgrade to the 2009 in october.....Oh well.
    I hadvent looked at the chip personally so cant answer specific questions.

http://www.navionics.com/HMPlatinum10LakeList.asp?RegionID=3

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    If Im looking at it right there are alot of laked that are in their HD than was on the 09 chip. Is that right???

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    It appears that there has been some enhancements as it relates to HD but i havent looked at them yet and not sure.

4. dolittle9

dolittle9 New Member

State:
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Hi BigBird I bought the HDS-5 w/inlandlakes at BPS do I need to purchase the Hot Map too? at BPS

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    no it is not necessary if you are happy with the lowrance maps. I think the contours are more defined at 1 ft intervals and may have a few more lakes with the navionics but you have a darn nice unit- so enjoy!

6. dolittle9

dolittle9 New Member

State:
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Thanks BigBird now I gotta learn what to look for LOL

7. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    I was able to pick up a Nav map for my Lowrance unit from Cabela's at the end of the season. I believe it is a 2008 version. It was $100 and it had about every lake you could imagine in the SE This map is fantastic compared to the Lowrance map. It shows underwater roads, uncut timber, old dams as well as the depths. One other point I think I saw where you could send in your old chip and get the newest version for a significantly lower pricing than a new one.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  8. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    The rebate is usually $50 on a $149.99 purchase for an upgrade.
    FYI- i bought a citypass coupon books from my church daycare and they had a $20 coupon on $100 for GM. It also had a $10 coupon to WMarine. Those would come in handy on a chip purchase.