Navionics maps needed ...

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by ohiorivercat, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ohiorivercat

ohiorivercat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was wondering id the navionics maps on sd card are able to be copied to another sd card.....or is there anybody on here who has any of the later versions like hotmaps east they dont use and would want to get rid of..........

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    it would be illegal to copy the card ,but if you go on e-bay you can find them real reasonable, less than 1/2 of what they sell for in the shops

3. ohiorivercat

ohiorivercat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    let me re-phrase myself i am not asking anyone if they will copy me one ......i was wondering if it was possible to copy for a back up.....

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Chad, when I opened my SDcard for Hotmaps it had a warning in there. It said that if you tried to make a copy of it...it would make the SDcard useless. I'm not sure how it does it...but I wouldn't want to try it to find out if it is true! LOL

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The warning is just to scare off those who are not technical enough to know that it's not true... :wink:

But they still tie the data on the card to the specific card it's on, so making an "archival backup copy" and then restoring it to a different card later won't work.

Bottom line, buy the card, put it in your fish finder and forget about it. There's nothing useful you can do with it on a PC, so just leave it alone...

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The one thing that I wish you could do is copy the chip info up to your fishfinders hard drive.