Navionics card for RayMarine GPS

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cat<*(((><Brown, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    Has anyone found a Navionics card that covers the Yadkin River chain of lakes? I have the one that covers the NC coast and stops at about Realigh. Would be cool to run the lakes at night and at least have some idea of where you are. Don't get me wrong. I have the GPS set to where I can run the lake but it just shows way points on a blank screen. I can get around but it would be nice to have the additional info also.
    PS - Who said it's cold. I'm fishin Badin all winter. I'm guessing Old Whitney area and around Gar creek. Any other ideas??? <*((((><:cool2:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tyler from what a lowrance rep told me one day, you are not going to get anything on badin until the government releases the maps to the general public. he also added that it may or may not ever happen. i got one for my lowrance and i think it has high rock but i never use it. i bought it for santee but my card was bad and lazy me never returned it. it was plotted off the wrong cordinates or something. cannot run the card in mine and still watch the graph and arches means more to me than anything else. its not cold yet wait until jan. its like fishing out of a ice box once you throw the cast net and the boat gets covered in ice.

3. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey, when it gets that cold, I can wait a few months. Some winters around here though are pretty mild and can probably be fished all but for a few weeks. The plus side to winter fishin is you do not have to fish from sun up thru the night. I wonder why they will not release the info. Seems you can get every where else. My luck. Like you say though, you don't really have to have it. Next time I'm there I'll just take me time and set my way points for night time navigation around the lake and edit the way points on the fishin holes. More than one way to skin a Cat<*(((><. Thanks for the info.