Navigational Channel

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by riverratokie, Aug 1, 2009.

1. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Headed out to Bluff Landing friday for three days of fishing. Hope this nice weather holds out and the bite!

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Good luck and be careful in the channel.

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Good luck! I think Sunday night, I am gonna head down to Keystone dam and fish a day or 2...

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Much luck on the cats brother.. Keep it safe and let us have some pics and a good report on the ending. Greatly appreciated. AJ

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Anyone ever bank fish down river from L&D18 where HWY51 crosses over the channel between Coweta and Wagner? I'm thinking about trying it out but wasn't sure if it was a place to catch fish from the bank, I know thier is a ramp there. If anyone could give me a pointer It would be appreciated.

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Hey there stranger. Catch any big flatties since Keystone5?
    I've been wanting to try that landing below Tulahassee. Is that where you're referring to? Call me sometime and we'll hook up. Are you still south of town?

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I've fished right at the lower gate at that lock. It has been several years ago. We caught crappie all along the rocks pretty good. There were a couple of guys there fishing for catfish right up against the gate. They didn't catch much. He did catch an eel, though. It was pretty cool.

Oh yeah...when the horn goes off and they are getting ready to open the gate, you really need to move somewhere higher. The water comes up about 18 inches really quick. When they raise a barge up and then come back for another one sometimes they don't pump all the water out before they open the gate. It is pretty cool to see but the water comes up really fast.:crazy:

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've fished under the lock at least 10 times, and never caught a fish.
    I did see this old timer that another guy said comes down all the time, he was there maybe an hour hooked into two and lost them and brought two more in (about 10lbers) and gave them away because he said his frezer was full. I tried after he left to hit the spot he was fishing everyone was trying to hit that hole, but noone else caught anything that day. I know thier there however I'm not good enough to catch them. All I do is loose tackle under L/D 18:embarassed:

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've camped down at Afton Landing where your talking about 5 years ago. It's in a big oxbow like Bluff landing right above the lock and dam 18. The campgrounds are nice but we didn't fish in the oxbow just in the main channel. I'm sure there's fish in the oxbow but not worth the drive IMO there's other bank spots below most of our dams I'd try before fishing in that oxbow.

10. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    If thier is not much chance of catching fish there I might as well try below L/D18 again, maybe this will be my day.

11. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    Well i fished from friday afternoon till sunday morning. Caught several small fish but brought home 10 between 2 and 5 pounds. Not really a productive weekend but still lots of fun.

12. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

You caught more than I did! I just caught one fair size one at Keystone Dam.