Navigation Channel/ Bluff Landing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Kelmar, May 10, 2008.

1. Kelmar

Kelmar New Member

State:
    Bixby, Oklahoma
    I'm going out to Bluff landing in the morning. Probably campout on the river Sat. night. Plan on some jugin. May be to much current, but will beat staying at the house. This will be my first time to the river since New Years Day. My wife tells me "you need some river time,,, go!!" Got to love her. If you see my old bayliner , pull over and say "HI".

Mark

Attached Files:

2. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    you won't be jugging in the river. that is unless you want to lose your jugs. we fished fri and it is ROLLING. i have fished it many times(over twenty years) and it was the trashiest i have ever seen it. like i told my buddy the risks outway the rewards. we didn't go out in it.the shad are in the upper end of th oxbow. from the water plant up. they are spawning and they are thick. good luck to you. if you go out on the river please be careful and WEAR you lifejacket.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Mark,
    Bring that Bayliner to New Mannford Ramp on Keystone for the gathering.
    May 30, 31 and June 1.
    Hope to see you there.

4. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    i took my grandson and my wife out this morning for a "boat ride" his first. we went to the upper end of bluff and there was some noodles and some decoys that was used for jugs. a couple of noodles had fish on them. just wondering if they was yours. we didn't stay long (30 mins.)

5. Kelmar

Kelmar New Member

State:
    Bixby, Oklahoma
    Randy

We made it out to Bluff Landing about 1:30 Sat. Got the boat in and went past the water pumps. Found shad just where you said they were. The wind picked up as soon as the storm warnings past. We did some pole fishing for awhile, but no luck. Next we took a boat ride up river. Current to strong for fishing. Made it up to Rocky Point park and took the kids for a hike. Camped out Sat night, left in time for church. Beautiful weekend. Maybe wind and current calm down for next weekend.

Mark

6. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Where about is Bluff Landing (closest town, directions?).

7. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Lonnie,
    Get on 71st street in Tulsa and head east, through Broken Arrow, and when you run out of road (about 320th street or so), you're there.

8. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok, I've been down there once, but I didn't reconize the name. How is the bank fishing there?