Navigation Bundles

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SLIPKNOT, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Hey you guys that have GPS units. Do you like the Hot Maps? Are they necessary for the river? Im think about just getting the basic maps on mine instead of the whole additional series. Just wondering before I drop 200 more on it and never use it.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Basic maps will show you the outline of the river and thats about it....BASIC!

Hot Maps will show dikes, wrecks, daymarkers, mile markers, some boat ramps, pipelines, contour lines (on Lakes probably good, River worthless) etc.......... a whole bunch of other things.

For an even better value get an NVB bundled package which is everything. Currently the NVB bundles are still 2006 maps though not sure if hotmaps is currently offering any newer maps.

Plus having the maps pre-installed frees up an additional SD Card slot to use for taking snapshots etc.

Pre-loaded maps are NOT ever upgradeable though if that matters. (You can always buy a chip later if the data changes drastically.

All-in-all a GREAT Value for $200.

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    They are defenitely worth the money in my opinion. Ask Skip said, they don't show bottom contour on the rivers, but they will show all landmarks, ramps, and the names of most barge docks. If you ever fish lakes, they are awesome there as well with the detail.:wink:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I did a lot of looking around and talking to folks here and elsewhere and recently opted to go with the NVB bundle option. In a nutshell the 200 up front was nearly what I was going to spend just for our regional maps and in return it comes with all of North America. Seemed like the way to go since it seems I am always exploring new fishing waters (perhaps a bait trip to KY next season?). Not to mention freeing up the SD slot for other purposes.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Dan, did you take delivery of DA BARGE yet? Were waiting on pics my man. :wink:

6. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I guess Im gonna go ahead and get it then....Never know where Im gonna end up lol

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not yet, but it is ready I'm told. I've been in DC working for the past two weeks and it is KILLING me to know that my new rig is ready for me. I talked to Troy just yesterday and gave him the go ahead to slap a 997 onto it. I figure what the hey...in for a pinch in for a pound:wink:

I will surely have pics of the maiden voyage to share with you all though.

8. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great idea, Jason. We'll have to trade notes as we figure out how to use these things!

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    My 997 comes preloaded with the nvb and it is awsome, I am learning more about it every time out. I have not been out at night yet but I heard thats when it really comes in handy.

hi dan, So your going with the 997. Good I still have not learned much about mine, so I am counting on you to learn for both of us. When you get time for me, I will take a ride on your new boat and see what we can learn. Besides i still need to take a big ole dump on your deck:wink:

When you comming back?

10. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    well as you can see I went and changed my name. Now I have to get on Dans boat and live up to it.:wink:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Patrick...I like the new name!!

I'll be back in town on Monday. I'm thinking I'll pick up my boat on Wednesday or Thur. Can't get there soon enough! Ya, I opted for the 997. I figured that as long as I was financing this bad boy I might as well get it like I want it...:roll_eyes:

I'll be sure to give you a holler and get out on the river (plastic sheet on the forecastle of course):wink:

12. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Well i tried ordering my new fish finder today from thenerds.net and they are giving me troubles about he coupon code. Has anyone else had problems with them? I called them and they told me they had to check with there credit department and figure out what exactly I was talking about. So looks like it wont get shipped out till Monday now.....:roll_eyes:

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Jason, I ordered mine online, and had it next day aired for free. I just typed in catfish in the coupon code box.:wink:

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I ried the coupon code last week also and no joy, never followed up on the phone. It's hit and miss with them and their coupon code for some reason.:confused2:

15. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Well after numerous times of calling the Nerds and not gettin any response I went ahead and orderd my 1197 from the humminbird outlet store.....They were a little cheaper but only offered a 3 year warranty unlike the 4 year warranty the nerds offered...O well its on its way, but i dont think I will ever try doing buisness with them again.......

16. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    wow, the 1197. you must be rich, I sure wish i could afford one. I thought about selling my 997 and comming up with the rest of the money for the 1197 but i do not even know how to use the 997 yet. Maybe next year.

17. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    No not rich...haha My mom, dad, and grandparents bought it for me for my graduation present....Should be here Wed.....

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ya might want to let Paul know about it, your not the only one I have heard of having issues with their ordering process, but Big Dog Paul should be let in on the problems......SO he can fix them, LOL.

19. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice! Let me know how it works out. Congratulations on the graduation as well...where did you go to school?

20. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    welcome back dan