Navi Card

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Nov 27, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey I was wondering if you can up load info from a friends navi card to your fish finder and then remove card??? I need monty or if anyone has extra navi card that they want to sell that has monty on it...:wink:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nope. The unit reads the information directly from the card.

Of course the next idea is, "why don't I copy the card". Well, they claim it will write over the card and erase your date on the card. Not sure if that is true, or just a scare tactic they publicize to keep people from trying to duplicate the cards. I know it scared me, and I am not trying to copy it!!

I will say this, it is money well spent.

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im not sure any of them have Monty on them. Its been awhile since Ive looked on my navionics card and I dont think it had any data on it, just showed a lake. Ive got the 07 chip that Ill sell if you want it. (dont think it has Monty) But if your going to fish Wateree spend the money and get the new one. (it was added to the 09 one)

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The only card I know that has Lake Monticello in it is the "Inland Lake Vision-Southeast" 09 version for the Garmin Units,I have the Garmin GPS Map 398 unit on my boat with that SD card.Monticello is very detailed,only drawback to it is it does not have detailed Lake Wateree,only partial.

5. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for yall's help lawance has the card for my unit for 109 bucks...

I have a hotmaps 09 premium sd card for sale... I just paid 150 bucks for it last night from sportsman warehouse... anyone wanting a 09 let me know:wink:

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC

I called and talk to sportmans warehouse... They said they will let me bring it back..

7. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
  8. timmyjane

timmyjane New Member

State:
    SC
    Lowrance makes the best FF but I really like Garmin for the GPS. I think their cards are cheaper too. The biggest plus is that Garmin can be manipulated.:wink:

9. Coors

Coors New Member

State:
    north carolina
    It WILL, erase it if u try to copy it!! A guy i fish against tried that and costed him more money.