navasota river

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by texasaggie23, Feb 21, 2008.

1. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    anyone ever fish the navasota around the bryan/college station area? I've been hearing good things lately. Would it be worth it to stray away from the brazos for a couple trips (bank fishing)?

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I've only fished it up at Ft. Parker State Park.... It was slow in January, the last time I was down there....

3. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    alright man, thanks

4. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    texasaggies : here a couple of good spots around the bryan area that I've had great luck.

1.Sugar Loaf Mountain : it Located about 5 miles from Gause..take TX HWY 2095 Cameron / Hanover exit ..go about two miles from Gause first county rd (264 )on your right hand side .. the trip should take about 4 minutes..once your cross the bridge you can park to your right hand side. real good yella and blue..you can walk up the river if you like. ( little river )

2.HWY 485 - bridge that crosses over the brazos on the back road from Hearne.I think 485 run into HWY 6 in Hearne.great channel cat and yella.summer time best place to get gars.up to 100lbs..if you stay on this hwy it will take you to small town like maysville and branchville.their is a church in maysville , if you turn left ( if you're comin from bryan ) at that church follow that road to the river bottom ..you have about 6 nice sand bars to choose from.please take you gun..their a plenty of wild hawgs down their..

3.HWY 979 - Black Bridge also bridge that cross over the brazos near Calvert.Nice for Camping and great fishing.

My hot spot right now is in cameron..at the pump station..if you're coming from bryan.make the a left at the first light in cameron.go pass the court house.take a left at the stop signed , cross over the tracks.thier will be a huge grave yard on your right.take that road all the way to the river. right now the white , blues , channel and hybrids is bitin down their real good.i'll be down their the whole weekend..best fishing is early morning or evening time. or you can walk down river cross the creek and turn right.that where all the kat are right now. best bait..crawfish and worms..

5. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks a lot man. you sure do know the area. you from around here?

6. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    yelp...i'm from cameron but live in pflugerville..I fish from brazos hwy 21 to belton lake hwy 36..that my range..i try to hit all the hot spot in between those two every year. if you want some more good fishing spot aound that area. go to milamcounty.org..click on geography.. then choose rivers. then once that page comes up just click on blue dots. but just about all those dots right now the fish is bitin real good right now..that my uncle with that big blue.. those alligator gars , I was down their when he caught them. i caught 1 bigger then his..

7. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    them are some nice fish. thanks for the help, i'm gonna have to check those spots out. good luck fishin

8. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    It has been years since i fished Yegua creek but it is great for catfish later on in the year. My best luck was in the fall under persimmon trees.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have fished the Navasota many times and have had real good success. I caught my PB flathead @ 63.5lbs just south of the hwy164 bridge near Groesbeck in 82. This is just north of Lake Limestone!

10. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I grew up in Cameron, and know the area really well. Too bad I wasnt into catfishing back then. Im gonna have to go and see if I cant find those spots.

11. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    right , now Jake the blues and channels are bitin good at the pumphouse in cameron.their bitin off crawfish. the whites are start to runnin also. once a yoemen always a yoemen:wink:

12. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Class of 1999. Glad to see theres some down-home Cameron folk on here.

13. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    class 91............yelp , I see another dude on here from cameron also. but like i said those kat is runnin at the pumphouse right now............