Navajo Lake/ San Juan River

Discussion in 'NEW MEXICO LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by NewMexicoCatfisher, Jul 9, 2009.

1. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    We made our annual trip to Navajo Lake and San Juan last week. It wasn't our best trip as far as fish go but we sure had a blast. I spent my time chasing pike, but just ended up with larger than average smallmouth and 1 decent largemouth..The catfish were just not around anywhere we were! I fished with liver, cut carp, live bluegill and some worms but it provided not one fish..:confused2:... Anyways, we decided to spend the rest of the night out on the San Juan throwing streamers for trout....I caught my personal best fly-rod rainbow on a size 6 woolly bugger...The next morning we got out on the lake early to avoid the 4th of July weekend crowds...We did fairly well for over-sized bluegill and smallmouth again... That's about it...All in all it was a great trip!

Attached Files:

2. NewMexicoCatfisher

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    A few more pics from day two!

Attached Files:

3. CrazyLencho

CrazyLencho New Member

State:
    Texas
    IF THE CATS AINT BITING GOTTA LOOK FOR WHATEVER ELSE IS OUT THERE.WHAT WAS TEMP OUT THERE? LOOKS NICE AND COOL UP THERE, WERE DOWN HERE DYING IN THIS 100 PLUS HEAT!!

4. NewMexicoCatfisher

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    It was in the lower 90s and upper 80s when we were there...Back in ABQ we've been to 97 a couple of times this week.

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    looks like yall had a good time is that in northern new mexico? i have family in las cruces and try to make a trip down there every june. If the river is running we will give it a shot! if not we hit the small canals around the farms

6. NewMexicoCatfisher

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Yessir, that is in Northern NM..The lake actually is partially in Colorado.. So way north.

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    great photos dude. nice job on the fish.