Natural Gas Bill This Month

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by T-Bone, Jan 10, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Man, just opened up my Atmos Energy Gas Bill for last month. Did anybody else's bill go up so high ? From Sept. to Oct.my bill was $72.68 ,Oct to Nov. my bill was $95.31, Now, from Nov. to Dec. my bill shot all the way up to $180.17. How in the world can a utility co. get such a huge increase in the bill in such a short time? I heard they were gonna go up, but damn, that much! It's been kinda warm here in Texas and really no need to use the heater. I'm sure glad, now, that we have had such a lite winter. My bill would be over $300.00 if it were cold around here.
    I guess I can thank Gov. Rick Perry for this one ! Would it do any good to grip to someone about this and if it would, who do y'all suggest I call ?

Thanks for reading this, didn't mean to whine....

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The only gas I use is PMF kind and my Truck.
    I would not vote for Rick Perry for any kind of office. I hope woody wood pecker runs against him. LOL.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Woody Wood Pecker.....good one!...LOL But who is woody wood pecker?...lol

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i wont even discuss my gas bill :(

5. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    This summer our gas bill was around 20 bucks, and of course it gradually got higher because of using heat. I think last month it was about 60 bucks... but the bill we got in the mail last week was for $125!!!!!! what an increase.

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    It just goes to show you are fellow americans could care less about us, they just wanna stick it to us at our hardest times. I guess the days of democracy are over. Atmos Energy is definetly on my bad side and I dread my bill every winter. Theres no excuse for this kinda mess, Its time we stood up to these pocketpickers and voice our disgust.My bill last month was $195. I just dread next month. May have to slow down on my fishing habits. NOT!!!

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I do not have natural gas. I sure am glad that I am all elec.

8. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    my gas bill for december was 223.86 my electric was 189.89

average year round bil for both combined is around 300

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    $180.17 heating bill for a 1100 sq.ft. home. Two bedroom, one bath, small living room, kitchen. Only three folks live here, and most of the time the heat never runs. I've got a themostat that keeps everything at 67 when not at home and then 71 when we return home. It stays 71 only an hour in the morning and then about 3 hours in the evening, that's it.... Aug temp has been around 77 or higher for this billing month.
    Can't figure out how they can justify this robbery...

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Here in east Tennessee our electric is supplied by the TVA. We do not have gas and our bill doubled with electricity. They are going to get it one way or the other no matter where you live. Our house is less than 1000 SQ FT and we never use the second bedroom and it is just Judy and I here.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have a 4-1/2 ton gas pack heating and cooling a 1900 square foot home (open plan) that is evidently well insulated.
    The propane company I deal with just sent me something new. A bill for 76 dollars. Seems I dont use enough gas so they want rent on the tank.
    My projected heating costs this winter. 300-350 dollars. Last year I spent 200 on propane for the winter.
    Cheaper then air conditioning.
    At this rate I'll be able to afford that 15 Kw auto starting generator that runs on propane afterall.

12. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I know what you mean, ours for a 2600 square foot home went from about 30 dollars a few months ago to 185 dollars this last month. The gas was suppose to go about about 50 percent or so and I believe it has. I do enjoy having alot of hot water with gas and when the heat does turn on it is hot not just luke warm like with electric. When we lived in the other house the emergency heat would come on and boy would the meter take off.

13. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I dont have gas in my new house and im glad,my gas bills in the winter where outragous in my old house.ive noticed alot of things are starting to go up,gasoline is going back up and even soda pops are going up here,i use to pay like 2 somthing for a 12 pack of dew and i went to get some yester day and they where over 3 bucks for a 12back,my wife drinks that double cola stuff and i usually buy her 2 litres of it and they ran around 80 cents a bottle and now they are $1.12....wonder whats gonna go up next?????

14. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    how much is your propane a gallon? here where i live its 2.45 a gallon. we are keeping our heat turned way down this month been keeping it at 70 turn it down to 66 at nite and off during the day when no one is home and at 68 max when we are home see what it is next bill funny thing is our gas usage even for last month was less then the same time zone the year before, its insane the prices they are charging now days.

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "wonder whats gonna go up next?????"

Everything my friend, everything.

16. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    ya bills going up went out to get some firewood and that has shot up also so just went out and cut a few trees down from my secret spot :)

17. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Well when fuel prices go up so do everything else. Just about everything is trucked in, so consumer prices will jump up to. My old house was electric and we sometimes would have 200+ dollar electric bills in the winter, now in our new home the gas is from about 45 to 180 amonth and electric about 70 to 80 dollars. Alittle bit of a difference, but I will put up with it.

18. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    solar power still pretty expensive to convert a house completely. but it may be cheaper in the long run still running some numbers but might go that way.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Mutt, on propane I'm at 1.55 a gallon.
    I do get a farm rate on propane.

20. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    that aint to bad a price in this day and age. sure would love to see the prices like they were 35 40 years ago lol i know dream on lol.