National Title Game...wicked scenario

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by dahoss2002, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The conference title games of the Big 12 and SEC this coming Saturday will decide the 2 teams in the NT game....sorry PETE. Texas is hoping for a miracle upset by Missouri to get to the NT game but is that all they need? If Bama wins then yes. But if Florida wins, a 12-1 Bama might not drop below Texas in the BCS standings. How wicked would that be?
    I dont see any of this happening though. I think Florida and Oklahoma will meet in the NT game. Bama is very capable though and has a better shot this Sat. than Missouri does.

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I agree with your thoughts completely with Fla. winning title game, bradford wins heisman.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    the "experts" are giving florida a 10 point spread over bama, even though bama is #1. personally i dont think alabama can score enough points to stay in the game against tebow and company. although alabama probably has the better defense, florida is just too fast. oklahoma should demolish misery. and i think that oklahoma and florida would be a good match up for the title. they both run the spread yada yada.

i think florida will take it all, and like yall said, bradford gets the hiesman.

4. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

It might be a closer game than most expect. OU's defense isn't as dominate as it was in years past. But, again Mizzou's defense hasn't been even close to mediocre this year. With Bradford having torn ligaments in his non-throwing hand, I wonder if OU will be more pass or run heavy. He fumbled twice in the OSU game because of the injury. Game time temps. will be below freezing and I would expect Mizzou fans will out number OU fans
    10 to 1. The Tigers havent beatin the Sooners in 10 years, so hopefully that will motivate them a little.:roll_eyes: I like MU's chances here, with the game being played in KC. It will definitely be a more entertaining game to watch than the Bama-Flordia punt fest.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    "punt test"? have you seen any of the gator scores this year?

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Tim Tebow and Gators are gonna smash John Parker Wilson and the Tide. Then Tim Tebow is gonna smoke Oklahoma in the title game.

7. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I would like to think that Oklahoma is going to get beat... I just can't see it.

8. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Yeah I have and also haven't seen them play a defense worth a crap either. Flordia gives up an avg. of 12.2 pts a game and Bama gives up 11.5. To me that has punt fest written all over it.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Boy, all the love for Oklahoma. LOL. Sure is a bunch of envy out there. And, you know what, it is another one of those "neutral" games - this time in Missouri's back yard. Say what you want about a neutral field, playing at the Texas State Fair hardly qualifies as a neutral field. I know the statdium is split half and half...but you sure have to wade through a bunch of red necks to get to the stadium. Neutral my...

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you Lee Corso Jr. for that tidbit of information.......

11. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    "The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative "

The 5th tiebreaker. Oklahoma fair and square. Surely Mack Brown can explain this to his players. If not, I dont wanna see their midterm grades..LOL.. Just to throw more salt in the wound, a Missouri upset doesnt guarantee Texas a ticket to the NT Game.