National signing day-Feb. 4

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by TNVOLCAT, Feb 5, 2009.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How's everyone feel about their fav college teams signings yesterday? They had 19 sign a letter of intent.

I'm a Tennessee fan and I'm quite pleased despite hiring a whole new coaching staff this fall. ESPN.com ranked their class 15th, Scout.com ranked them 18th, and Rivals.com ranked them 17th.

It was a small number, but the average star ranking was good. If you just take the star average they'd be 7th or 8th.

Anybody else?

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    ........I feel Rich Rodriguez put together a very nice class at Michigan, especially after a 3-9 season. We signed 22 kids, and 7 of them are already enrolled at school at michigan.......so they will get a huge head start with spring practice and conditioning. Rodriguez also did a great job addressed our needs as a team with two dual threat QB's, a number of Offensive lineman, D-lineman and D-backs.......and a handful of receivers.........and they're all very atheletic and Fast.

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I think michigan's class was ranked 11th in the nation........but those rankings don't mean much........you're really not going to know how good a class is until you see them on the field in a year or two......going from high shchool to college is a huge gap......even a bigger gap then college to pro. I noticed yesterday georgia had a really good class too......with two qb's ranked in the top 20 in their position and the number 1 CB......LSU and Alabama also had great classes...........damn SEC.....lol

4. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i just checked the detroit paper, michigan ended up being the 7th ranked class according to rivals......and i forgot to mention we got the #1 recruit out of michigan, ohio, and arizona........and 8 kids from florida........watch out for michigan............Go Blue!

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Aaron, I'm a closet Michigan fan, unless they're playing UT!

My grandparents moved up there when the industrial boom hit and got good jobs. My mother was born there and they moved back down to Tenn. when my mom was 14. My grandpa was a big Bo Schembechler fan.

Nice to hear they did well.

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    same here ..........my dad's parents came from virginia to detroit, and my mothers grandparents came from ottawa to detroit for jobs......they didn't even speak english........now detroit loses population every year and michigan leads the nation in unemployment..........and as far as BO goes ...........he's the man! I have a Bo biography that's really good. Was a great story him and that woody hayes. My dad said the first Michigan game he watched was with his dad and the 69' game........Bo and Woody's first showdown.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My grandmother was born here, but her parents were from Roanoke,VA.

Detroit's not the city it used to be.

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    How 'bout them Dawgs! :wink:. GA had a great group of recruits, but so did half the other SEC teams. Half of the top classes are SEC teams, but GA recruited great at the skill positions.

9. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I was very happy with LSU's recruiting class. I'll be even happier if they live up to their "athalon" or "ESPN" numbers. Cant wait for 09 College Ball.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I wish my Nephew would have signed with Tn. But he went with Purdue. He is going to make a great BQ. :cool2:
    I think Tn may have a better season within 2 or 3 years. I sure hope so.
    Scroll down to Rob Henry on this link, He also has a 40+" Vertical jump.:smile2:
    http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020409aam.html
    He picked Purdue more for there engineering school. He could have went to Fl and a few others. Wish he was closer to home.
    Pete

11. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    alabama racked up this year. nick saban sure knows his recruiting