National Rifle Association

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chris, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I was curious to see if anyone belonged to the NRA and what they think about the NRA. Can the NRA effect a job by either getting you fired or even hired? I got on their website and found some good information about different programs they have to offer and being a certified instructor for certain weapons.

Thanks
    chris

2. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Chris,

I've been a member for better than 25 years. I don't always agree with every thought they run with, and I do for sure get a tad tired with their hittin me up for money... at least twice a month but, the NRA is probably the only major force that is keepin "THEM" from takin our firearms away from us.

Ya just can't beat their schools.

Mike

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Life Member Here.
    I agree w/ Cyclops.

4. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX

Life Member myself. Have been for 30+ years.

Frank

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes chris,im a member yoo.

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I have been a member, and need to rejoin.:)

7. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Life member....
    often wonder what kinda gun law's we would have with out the N.R.A

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I can't imagine the membership with NRA is the business of any empolyer, unless you are applying for something working with firearms or something that is involving guns.

9. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.

The "Brady bunch" comes to mind.

Mike

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife and I both are Life Members. (in case anyone didn't already know or hasn't been to my web site. LOL)
    NRA has done some things we didn't go with... We didn't defend Waco or Ruby Ridge!
    But we also think, if it wasn't for the NRA only the cops and criminals would have firearms today. For sure, there wouldn't be 38 states with right to carry!
    If you believe in your right to own a firearm you should belong to the NRA.
    Great to see the NRA members here on BOC. Thank you!

11. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.

Dayton,

Any more, I'm not real sure which of the two I should fear most.

12. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    The NRA is awsome. With out them we wouldn't have gun safty. They teach you safty, and it's great. Being a member makes me proud when it comes to guns.

13. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Endowment Life Member with 4 instructor ratings.I think every gun owner should belong.

14. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Life member here. I send my donation in when I can afford it. I know the brady bunch has alot more donors than the NRA so I do what I can.

15. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    :sad: The NRA ****WAS**** the reason we have kept our guns, but I'm NOT sure which side they are on anymore. Like the AARP they don't always do what is in thier memberships best interest. If you want to find out what they support ask them how many pieces of anti gun legislation has been past in the last six years that they supported? It's appalling! Yes the RepubliCons pass anti-gun legislation. After they come out of the shock of being asked that question, ask how many pieces of legislation was past in the previous 8 years. If you're interested look it up. I thought the two answers would be exactly opposite of what they were. Pardon me if I turned this into a political forum, it wasn't intended, but if you become a member of the NRA make sure you let them know if you DO NOT agree with a "bill" they support, if you don't they assume you support them on thier decision.

16. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I am a member and have been for going on 30 years. I do not support every thing they do but do support there gun traing and safty programs. I have never had any issues with any one because of my member ship except for those tree huggers that got in the way of a hunting trip once. I don't like the fact that every thing they send you in the mail is always asking for money, that kind of bugs me at times.

17. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Life member, every gun owner should join.

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    In case some of you may not have noticed I gave Reputation Points to everyone on this threat that Supports the NRA !
    Thank you. :)

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm a member, but don't like some of the groups they donate too. But they will defend the right to our guns.

20. Koda

Koda New Member

State:
    Tombstone,AZ
    thirty year plus life member, family also life members, if you get tired of receiving the constant requests for money and stuff that shows up in your mail box with out you ordering it simply call them on their toll free number and tell them to take your name off of their junk mail list, works fairly quick.
    Got tired of the cd's ect that would show up in the mailbox and a few weeks later you would receive a bill for stuff that was not ordered.
    Luck Koda