National Number 2.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GoFish_Tony, Sep 20, 2006.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Hey Paul,
    I had a blast at this this years National Gathering. Can't wait till the next one. It would help a great deal if we could get this dates as soon as possiable.

Looking forward to another great successful event.

Tony

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The first National was my wifes very first one. She had a blast. She is already on me to find out the dates for number Two. The wife must put in for vacation in order to make the National.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    #2 would be great but make it more central for those of us on the west side of the U.S. please. Missouri is good for me.....lol

4. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    My wife also attended this years BOC gathering and also enjoyed herself. I saw many wives there and would like to publicly thank each of them for attending. They made my wife (a non-BOC member) feel right at home.

As many of you know, this has been my first year of fishing in over 30 years. In looking to get better I found the BOC. Not only did I learn a lot, but I have also gained an enormous support group for my new found passion and along with that many new friends.

I am worried about this winter. I'm thinking that I am going to be going crazy by the time Spring rolls around. An early Gathering might be just the thing to start next year off right.

Missouri might be a good location. I've never fished there so maybe someone here can offer a few suggestions.

To Paul, the staff, and each BOC memeber,
    You all did such a GREAT job this year with our first ever BOC Natioanal Gathering
    All I got to say is;
    "Can we do it again, can we, huh, huh, can we....."

_

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I know the wife and I missed the best gathering of all times but I don't plan on missing the next one. I have met some of the BOC family here at our local gathering earlier this year and would love to meet all of you. The wife thinks this is the CAT's meow....lol
    She is looking forward to meeting all of you as well.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, it was definitely a blast! I'm ready for number 2 also, I love the location it was this year, but will come regardless of the location!

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Just a thought for the #2 National gathering, Maybe having it at Keystone in Oklahoma, like in late July 2007.
    I will be more than happy to help work it and besides the fact that I'm one heck of an outdoor cook.
    Anyone game for this ???

:big_smile: :big_smile_2: :0a28: :0a36: :cross: :0a32:

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Tony... you never heard of ice fishing..?:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The next National will be a great one as well I am sure. It was my wifes 3rd Gathering, she went to Chattanooga and Ohio Gatherings with me in 2005 and said she could not wait on the next one. It was my 9th and cant wait until my 10th!!

Paul will base the location of the next National the same way he did this one. He will look at that member map and go with the central location for everyone. There are more members in the North East part of the country then in the West. That is just a fact, that is why the national was in that part of the country.

I'll be at the next one reguardless for sure, I am jonesing already for it.

Hope to see everyone no matter where we have it.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

One small problem with Oklahoma - Late July, temps would be at or near 100 and not drop below the high 80's at night.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you can also do it when the kids are not in school I would love to bring them.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Keystone is locked in for June 1,2,3 2007. Mike does a very good job with this gathering. I guess the name could be changes to National #2

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

We have gone thru this several time so I am going to post once more about this.

Lawnman61 here is your driving distance to the National gathering in 2006
    Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 15 minutes

Let me say that every member at the furthest distance drove 10 1/2 hours this year to the gathering.

People in Pittsburgh drove 10 1/2 to 11 hours to National Gathering, Anyone on the east cost that lives in Jersey or Virginia or Maryland would of drove 16 hours to the National Gathering.

People in Texas drove 10 1/2 hours
    People in Oklahoma drove 9 to 10 hours
    People in Georgia drove Georgia 10 1/2 hours
    North western Panhandle of Florida drove 10 1/2 hours
    Michigan drove 9 Hours
    Iowa would be 10 hours
    Ohio Central 9 hours
    Ohio Eastern 10 hours
    North Carolina 10 1/2 to 11 hours

This gathering was planned to be central to the membership not central to the United States, If the membership grows more in western United States then more then likely it will move more west. but right now the numbers still show for central to be the same area where it was this year.

If we would move this to Oklahoma , here is what you get:

Pittsburgh/ Eastern Ohio 18 to 19 hours
    Jersey and Virginia 24 to 25 hours
    Georgia 20 hours
    Western Panhandle of Florida 20 hours
    Louisville Kentucky 12 to 13 hours
    Indiana 12 to 13 hours
    North Carolina 20 to 22 hours

Now I understand that we can not fit everyones bill here but we need to stay central to the membership to give us the greatest affect to going to a National Gathering, I understand that it would be great to have it in Oklahoma to bring some of the California people and Texas people but we have maybe 25 to 40 active members in California and its hard to tell a large membership we are moving to Oklahoma to get them members to come, Myself I don't care where it is cause I would be there, but we do have a large group that feels 10 1/2 hours is almost too far the same as you did this year but it was the most central site we could find.

We will continue to look at the central area of the membership and look for places to fill our needs , that seems to be the biggest issue too, so as we go along and membership grows so will the National Gathering. How do we fit everyones needs, we can't and we will review all areas in the National Gathering.

I hope and pray that I get to meet you sir , I have alot of respect for you and I am sure with some of my family all living in Forth Worth area that will happen sooner then the next National Gathering . I thought I would try to explain this some so it does not get out of hand before we think of the entire picture. We had one member fly into the National gathering from California this year and I thought that was great.

We will keep the membership updated, and the next National Gathering will be told here in a month or so, so everyone can get there dates planed, also the next one will be in the spring of 2007 April or May due to Paul heading to Iraq around Aug 1st or 2nd, June and July would be out of pocket for him due to getting ready for the trip and trainning at the base.

Thanks for letting me go on
    D/H

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I will be there if is held in Little Rabbit,Austrilia, I just need the month and Date. The wife hast to put in for vacation. I also will make Keystone this year, the wife has vacation for those days.

15. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Great explanation Eric!

I wish everyone would realize how hard Paul and the staff work to try to do the best for the membership as a whole. I had the chance to talk to Paul at the National and let me tell you all something, this man takes the BOC and the good of the membership very seriously and to heart. It truly hurts his heart when he is called a dictator, or gets accused of not listening to the members but instead does what he or a select few wants. That is not the way it is folks! He weighs everything carefully and makes the call on what he feels is best for the overall majority of the membership. He and the staff do one hell of a job!

I reiterated to him that no matter how hard he and the staff try to accommodate the majority of the membership there will always be someone not happy. There simply is no way at all to please everyone all the time.

So please, try to look at things from all different perspectives, as in the membership as a whole, instead of just a personal or self-interest standpoint.

Appreciate and thank them for all they do and all they put up with from all of us members. While its true we, the members, make up this great family, its Paul and the staff that have to put up with all the whining, grumbling, etc. The negative stuff they deal with far outweighs the praise they get, yet they go on.

Try understanding that if the distance to a gathering is farther from you than you like its because it is central to the MAJORITY of the membership. Take a look at the member map if in doubt. :smile2:

I would love to see each and every member be able to come but that will never happen for various reasons called "life", but if you plan now you can likely make it!

Barb

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It certainly seems to me that the facility in Kentucky provided any and all things needed. From campsites to motel rooms as well as indoor accomodations for a large amount of people. IMO if ya have a winner ride it. LOL! Lets face it. Apparently with the good taste that was left in the mouths of the people runnin the park where the recent gathering was, I'm sure they would be more than happy to have us back. The efforts of the people organizeing the event as well as the efforts of everyone to leave the place better than they found it will more than likely insure an invitation so to speak to go there again and be welcomed with open arms.

I guess what I'm tryin to say is, "DO YA FIX THINGS WHEN THEY AIN"T BROKE?"

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Many great posts, I will be there. Just let me know when supper is. hehehe

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Great post Eric. I like the mileage breakdown because it puts things in their proper perspective for the membership as a whole. Most of the active people are in that region, so why not have it where the active people are anyway? If you really want to come you'll make some sacrifices. Heck, I hope I get to come no matter the location, but I realize I will have to drive regardless. A solid foundation has been laid with the Kenlake community...why uproot unless the active membership shifts? Whatever the outcome, I'm sure the staff will make the best call for the BOC...they always do...

Take care,
    Vic

19. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I don't know where you came up with 10 1/2 hours from Fort Worth but that isn't even close. It's over 12 hours to Chicago from here. I go to Denver all the time and it's 12 to 13 hours from here and I know Kentucky is further than that. I drove cross country before and I know it takes longer than 10 hours to get there from here. It's over 21 hours from here to Jacksonville N.C.
    I'm not complaining Eric, I'm just stating a fact thats all brother.
    I think someone needs to do some better figuring on hours to drive....lol
    Keystone was just an idea but I like the idea of the east side of Missouri better, that is closer than Kentucky. One way or the other, I would love to make the next national gathering. I know we have alot of BOC members in Texas and you are always welcome here Eric, I would love to go fishing with you sometime. :cool2:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, it would have taken us about 15 hours to drive from where we are at in NC. We flew, or we wouldn't have been able to go at all.