national gathering???

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by fmb, Nov 18, 2009.

1. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well I don't even know why I'm asking because I allready know the answer but is anyone thinking about the national gathering???????

seems like a long haul for sure but I'm just courious about your thoughts....

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Actually yeah,I gave it some thought,I fiqured that if we took my van with 4 guy total it would cost about 150 bucks per man,thats with tent camping and no boat,also anything personal would be extra,and using 2.70 a gallon gas rate,1500 hundred mile round trip give or take a little depending on side tracking and running around at the lake. About 730 miles each way of highway miles. A long drive! Not as bad as to PA for a boat,lol, but still a good hop skip and jump. The hundred and fifty each would cover gas,food on the road,and a camping spot at the lake and maybe the fishing lisences for the weekend. Not sure if I want to do it yet though.

Oh yeah round trip airfair from lincoln to paducah ky is 248 bucks per person with a stopover another town for a flight change and a total of 7 1/2 to 9 hrs in the air depending on which flight you take.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yea that trip to pa put some hair on the bottom of my feet....I went thru about twenty amp engery drinks....driving none stop is always fun....my buddy has a gps unit (luck he still has it) their were times I almost thru it out of the truck!!!!! I hate technology....long story short the ride back with the boat was 4 hours shorter than the ride there!!!!!!:tounge_out:

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Team up share the gas money,share the driving.

5. ka0mlh

ka0mlh New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Were and when is the national gathering???

6. ka0mlh

ka0mlh New Member

State:
    nebraska
  7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    no prob....I wish more people were interested....:roll_eyes:

8. ka0mlh

ka0mlh New Member

State:
    nebraska
    long ways to go for only two days though.:haha:

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    No thanks guys. But go ahead and put up a good showing for us huskers!!!

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Make a vacation out of go for 3 to 4 days that what I gonna do. Plenty time to plan, your support will be greatly appreciated.

11. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yea it only looks like a 10 hour drive to me....st.louis is 8 hours away....and it's not far from there...maybe it's just a pipe dream....

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I thought about it. I could drive to my dad's in missouri spend the night. Get up the next day and drive to my Aunt's near W Memphis Ark and spend the night again. That would put me within about 5 hours of the gathering but I would have already passed up Lake of the Ozarks/ Truman Res Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas Horseshoe Lake right across the road from my aunt's house by then I'd be tired and pissed that I drove that far and haven't even fished yet so I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel and roll my car in the ditch. Forget it.