National Gathering which California Members will attend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Nov 9, 2009.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey guys well it seems the National Gathering is set for September of 2010 at Ken Lake. Be intrested to know how many plan on attending. I rember we talked about renting an RV and Driving to Kentucky. I myself am partial to flying but can make an exception.

Jaime:big_smile:

2. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    I'm out, unless I win lotta or find a j o b soon! :smile2::angry::big_smile:

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I am hoping to attend,me and the wife. the RV idea was good but you only get 1000 miles after that it is .32 a mile....thats around $950 in mileage fees alone on top of the $1200 rental fee and the $900 fuel

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I"m considerin it, got time to plan, but a lot depends on where I'm at at that time. Depends on work, and funds.

5. catrick1

catrick1 New Member

State:
    calif.
    How I wish, but like the man said the financial situation is going to have to get better before I can head east. There's gonna be some great posts to read though.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I will just be coming back from back east that August so I know I will not be able to go back until Holiday time.

Those that can makes it hope you have a good time.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Depends on my wifes health. Also I just took off almost week and a half with the flu. Must play this gathering by ear as well. With my wife's acute diabetis, i don't know as of yet.

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thats an Idea, Ray. I wonder if it will come out cheaper to fly or to drive.

Jaime

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Dang well hopefully if we drive it wlll not be too expensive, also it's not until September 2010. Hopefully she will be doing better. It will not be the same with out you bro.

Jaime

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brian, you would like Ken Lake, lots of coves, points to explore.

Jaime

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    depends on how many are in each vehicle

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    wake up brothers!!!! who wants to go to the nationals?

13. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I would like to, but don't know if I'd be able to afford it. It's something for me to consider when I do my vacation schedule in January.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hope fully you can make Sean:wink:
    Man, I love the South! it is so pretty, green. The food was awsome guys smoked chicken,ribs,brisket, oh my god, the varity of food was something else, not too mention the deserts:wink:

Jaime

15. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dang missed this thread, going to try and make it myself, will be making a 2 or 3 week vacation out of it, will be taking my new VW Jetta TDI station wagon, should get 45+mpg on 4000+ mile journey if I don't load it down with too much crap, that would take about 100 gal of diesel fuel, or less then $300.oo at today prices, thinking of putting a trailer hitch on it and buying some kind of small 12' or 14' fishing boat and taking it back there with me, whole rig has got to be less then 500 or 600 pounds, max towing for the little thing is 1000lb's, so that leaves out the rest of the fleet:smile2:, , after the gathering thinking of stoping and seeing my Uncle in Arkansas on the TX boarder, and try and get him go fish with me:roll_eyes:, kinda think he is in some prime catfishn areas:cool2: and then maybe hit up something in OK for some flat heads

Attached Files:

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I plan on renting a car and making a 10 day trip out of it, I would take my truck but at 14 mpg no way!!

17. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ray fly there and rent the car, most car rental's don't let you drive out of state and man that's a lot of miles if your pay by the mile:wink: and gives ya lot more time fishing when ya get there:roll_eyes:

18. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I agree with Dale on this one Ray....hard to get a group rate I imagine.. most of us would have to use different airports......

Hell...its hard to get folks to come to the Blythe Gathering....It is hot though

19. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i had planned on driving to arkansas to visit my brother a few days before the gathering and then driving over and checking it out

20. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to kentucky guys!