National Gathering # 2

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 21, 2006.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The first National was a big success, the planning for number 2 will be in the works shortly. I truly hope all you Arkansas members will be able to accompany me to the second National. We will have a great time!!

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    hEY tOP AS LONG AS YOU THERE WE WILL BE ALRIGHT

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Buddy, I will be there!! Just thought some more Arkansas Members would like to join in the fun, fine food, great door prizes, and some of the best people that anyone could ever meet!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Do ya still want us roudy Ohio members to come too Top?? :big_smile:

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You, your wife, and Madison was a pleasure to be around. Sure, I will like for you to come.

6. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    A new law went into effecton July 15. You must submit to a hat check when you cross into Arkansas. Certain hats are deemed too ugly to be worn in Arkansas,

7. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee

No Tin that law was to make sure that the hat was big enough to cover their ugly faces so it wouldn't scare cattle so bad that they wouldn't produce milk.

It's also to keep dogs from going wild when out of state visiters stay overnight. A lot of good hunting dogs have disappeared because some out of state visiters resemble sasquach and the dogs haven't stopped running yet.
    Some have even turned up in Mississippi.

Jesse

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Considering I am from mo. first and used to coon hunt the boot heel now live in ga what does that make me ...lost

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Tin and Jesse, glad yall care about me. hehehe

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, I was planning to make the first one and it ended up that I couldn't.... but I am planning to make the next one. I've enjoyed all the good pictures and posts about no. 1 and I want to be in no. 2:smile2:

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I felt I'd be deep in #2 if I didn't attend #1...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard. ~~Dilbert

13. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    it will be hard to beat the no 1 gathering but if it can be done, I think the BOC staff and Paul can do just that after seeing what they did for the first one. You brothers an sisters that didn't or couldn't attend sure did miss a great time.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    First off, the number one was a huge success! Glad i got to meet one of those rowdy Ohio folks. Tea, your welcome anytime, madison and the wife really made it pleasant to camp next to ya!!! But, you gotta lay off that Lighter fluid, especially when i am trying to win a battle with a female over the proper way to build a fire. At least you did get the layout of the logs right! LMAO!!! Thanks for the smores also , they were great!!!

Let me just say that if you missed the first one, you missed a great time. The one thing that would make a second one better would be more involvement in attendance from our fellow Arkansans!! Paul, and the staff went thru great lengths to make sure we had a good time!

I know some could not attend for reasons beyond their controll. I also know some could not afford to go financially! And ,for some, well--- what can i say, they just did not go!!!!

I offered a ride to whom ever wanted to go bad enough, and all they had to do was ride!! But, got no response!

But, did manage to get a couple there, thanks to the wife for the encouragement and thanks to Paul(Gardenhawks Husband) for do the driving at the last minute! I was already there, then next thing i know my wife, Kimber, and Paul pop in!!! What a suprise to me and the BOC!!!

So, with that said, come on ARKANSAS , MAKE PLANS NOW! START A SAVINGS JAR FOR THE NATIONAL #2 NOW!!! If you need a ride or something then let us know, we will try to accomudate you! Let's show our Arkansas BOC pride at National #2!!!

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Newton the pleasure was all mine buddy. Yall were very nice people. Glad you enjoyed the smores, the wife insisted on those since we were camping. LMAO

Now, that lighter fluid thing, I was just doing it to get you in hot water. hehehe

16. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Well, I am ready already. When and where is the next one? Spring or summer?

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I know Judy and I sure had a ball and we are looking forward to the next one. Our BOC Staff and Paul busted their humps for all of us and worked so hard at the gathering. We hope at the next one that they get to rest a little more.

We sure enjoyed meeting all of you wonderful folks and sharing special time with you. We can't wait for NG2.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Number one Gathering was a great success, The Staff will work hard to make Number Two even better. You can have fun also just show up for Number two!!

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The national number 2 name has been chained to the International gathering. We have interest from members in Europe wonting to attend this gathering.:wink:

20. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Top! really looking foward to the International gathering. I was sure glad I was able to attend the national gathering;had a chance to meet my buddy Dennis(Tinboat) before he passed. It was also nice meeting so many nice folkes. Matt( Tea) sure was nice meeting you and your family.

Jaime