National Champioship: Florida vs. Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by bumper, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well it's official, the SEC Champ Gators will be facing the Big-12 Champ Sooners in the title game. What do y'all think about it? I'm a big time Gator Hater (I'm a GA fan), but I think the Gators will win and keep the National Championship Trophy in the SEC.....where it belongs :wink::big_smile:.

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I don't know bumper, I think we saw the best two teams in the country play last week in the SEC championship game......as far as im concerned the college football season is over and I'm putting it behind me......but Michigan did beat #4 Duke last sat. Go Blue!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'm a Bama fan, so I'll stick with the SEC and be pullin for the Gators...:wink:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    don't care that much either way but think I'll have to go with Okla.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm not a big fan of either school. Never liked Florida but kind of like OU. Just can't stand a lot of the OU fans. I'll have to go with OU in this one, I mean if Houston Nut can beat Florida then OU should beat them like yard dogs:smile2:.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Being a very loyal and staunch fan of OU, I have learned to NEVER talk before the game. LOL Sometimes gets downright embarrassing.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    If history repeats itself, then OU will be totally embarrassed in this game. The last 4 big BCS games that OU has played in, they've been soundly beaten.

But..... for once, I think the sooners will have some posterboard material going into the national title game. You don't belong here, it should be Texas, You can't hang with Florida's speed, your defense sucks, you haven't played any good defenses like the SEC has, Tim Tebo will dominate you, Your special teams suck....... Bob Stoops should have these guys so fighting mad when they hit the field, that the game will be over by halftime. If these guys have a hair on thier butt, they'll show up ready to kill anyone carrying a football during this game.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Tim Tebow is gonna show the world why he will win the Heisman 3 times.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Somehow I just don't think it will go to Bradford. There is just too much anti OU sentiment in the country now.

10. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    OU was soundly beaten by USC, and West Virginia, the other two games were close.

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Okay, you got me..... Good thing we've got you around to clear that up Trevor.

OU was EMBARASSED by USC, West Virginia, and totally humiliated by a loss to Boise State. If you don't think an OU loss to Boise State was a total embarassment to the whole state of Oklahoma, then you have been watching a different OU team play than I have for the last 34 years. The loss to LSU wasn't much to hang their head about. Make you feel better?

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i agree.

i'll tell ya a few things from my opinion.

1. oklahoma hasnt played a defense like florida's yet.

2. florida is mean, and scary fast.

3. if misery can score 21 points on ou, then florida can put up 40-50.

4. ou has a tremendous offense. 60 plus points a game makes me question the gators.

5. this could be the best of the best tebow vs. bradford.

6. THIS GAME WILL BE DECIDED BY THE ABILITY OF THE COACHES, MEYER VS. STOOPS.

basically a very well rounded squared off brawl of an nc game. i am looking forward to it.

now who is gonna coach my Auburn tigers next year?

florida takes it in the final 8 minutes of the game.

13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    You're the one who said OU was soundly beaten in their 4 straight BCS losses, I stated that 2 of those games were close so I'd feel better if you'd get your facts straight. OU's loss to Boise St. wasn't good but Boise st. had a good team, that's why they were playing in a BCS game. Over the last 34 yrs. OU has had a lot of bad losses, I'd think you'd know that if you were a OU fan, but you're probably and OSU fan.

14. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Oh don't get your crimson & cream panties in a wad.
    Why yes, I am an OSU fan...... through and through. I also have my facts straight. I watched the Boise game, and we had no business losing to them. Period, end of story. Ou had a team that was far superior to Boise State's team. Yep.... watched the whole thing from beginning to end. OU should've stomped Boise. They were highly favored to win the game, and for whatever reason (I think Stoops did a miserible job preparing them) they got their butts handed to them. Are those the facts you're talking about?

You also had me pegged on something else, I don't label myself an OU fan. Yes I totally support the team & deeply respect their players, coaches, tradition, etc..... but simply can't stand about 95% of their fans. 5% of the OU fanbase are knowledgeable, respectful, and truly supportive of the players. The other 95% are arrogant, spiteful, immature, and argumentative. Therefore, I don't call myself an OU fan. So I wear my Oklahoma State hat, jacket, and t-shirt but still scream my head off rooting for OU most of the season. I'll be yelling at the tv and flopping all over the living room when OU scores on January 8th, and I'll be one of the happiest people in OKlahoma if they win the national championship..... but please don't ask me to wear an OU hat and associate with guys like you.

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    wow! obviously this isnt the online dating section...

16. futbalstud42

futbalstud42 New Member

well I am a long time Mizzou fan, so I dont like OU, especially not the last two years. That being said I think they have what it takes to win it all and they just might. Top to bottom the SEC wins over the Big 12, but just at the top I dont think so.

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the media and several coaches(mack brown etc) are certainly poor mouthing the sooners for being in the big dance.

what a bunch of losers. OU played by the rules and are in because of the rules, not because of something the sooners or stoops did off the field.

i hope OU hangs another 60 on fla, but i rather doubt it. should be a good game.

18. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I agree Phil. They earned it, they didn't "backdoor" into anything, they got there by playing by the rules..... which were established & agreed to well before the season started. I think Texas is a fantastic team, as well as Texas Tech. If anybody has a really legitimate gripe about this whole thing I think it would be Tech. They didn't even get a BCS bowlgame out of their season.

I hope OU trounces Florida, but like you.... I think it's gonna be a great game. Tebow is fantastic, and Florida has great speed all over the field. OU has their weapons, Florida has theirs & I think these 2 teams will match up really well. I look forward to seeing a great game played by 2 great teams.

19. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    This quote is ridiculous. It seems you're just like the OU fans you "simply can't stand".
    :confused2:

20. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Couldnt agree more. Heck, Oklahoma, Big 12 Champs by Big 12 rules VERSUS Florida..SEC Champs. 12-1 VS 12-1. Pretty easy choice. I also think it will be a close game. Kinda like the Texas-USC game from a few years back. Could be a blowout but Im hoping for a slugfest decided in the 4th quarter.