Nashville River Bank Fishing For Catfish - Any good fishing spots?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Eudora, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hello everybody:

My buddy and I are planning a trip to the Nashville area to fish the Tennessee River for cats. I'm coming from Michigan, and he's coming from Iowa, and we were wondering if there are any good spots for bank fishing along the river. Any advice you could lend would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andy

2. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    friend the tennessee river isnt any where near nashville, but the danville area about 2 hours west would be a good start

3. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks for the tip. I'm not familiar with the area. We're open to going anywhere we have a chance to catch some blues and flatheads.

4. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    If your gonna be in nashville, hit the Cumberland, it runs right thru downtown. Former world record blue came outta there!

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    +1. GREAT catfishing in the Cumberland!

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can try Old Hickory and Percy Priest too..I usually do some bank fishing at Chutes Branch on Old Hick...

7. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks. I've heard a lot of good things about the Cumberland over the years. We'll definitely check it out.

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Is the Cumberland good for blues and flatheads? I was going to bring some fresh skipjacks and shad. Are there any other baits that produce well down there?

9. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Les:

How close are Old Hickory and Percy Priest to Nashville?

10. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There both right there..Percy Priest is right off I-40 right past the the Nashville airport..And Old Hick is not far either..Check google maps and you'll get a good idea of where there at in relation to Nashville but there right there 10-15 minutes from downtown Nashville..

11. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've seen some people pull some nice fish from below the old hickory dam. There's access on the hendersonville side. When are you planning on coming down?

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    More than likely if we come down, it will be labor day weekend. Thanks again for all your advice.

13. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    As for the Cumberland River, I second that... I have caught a mixture of blues and flat heads. I mostly fish the Cumberland at Cumberland City. We have a steam plant that holds a lot of bait. I have also heard very good things about both lakes in Nashville but never actually went.

14. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    how do you get to the access point your talking about ive been thinking about going there for a while

15. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Rockland Rd right off of gallatin pke. Take that down to power plant rd. and then you'll see some parking lots right off of that road. You can walk down from there. may think about going out there or some place else next thursday.

16. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll be here friday afternoon until dark. Maybe a little longer. Look for the bald guy.:tounge_out: Or just yell out Greasy Ham and I'll holler back.

17. 01ssrms

01ssrms New Member

State:
    TN
    I'll look for you on Friday Greasy. New to the boards and the area and have been trying that area some. Thanks to some tips on bait from this site I pulled my first blue outta that hole last night. Nice fish in the 15lb range. Also caught a few little channels, none over 18" though.
    edit- just saw your post date, but I'll still keep my eye out for you down there.
    Ross