NASCAR Thunder 2004

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by SWeiss, Oct 30, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone here every play this game on their PC? I was wondering if you have, do you have any suggestions on car setup?

Thanks!

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Got it but no. I regularly play nascar 2003 that has been modded into Nascar 2007 with the COT cars, updates, track changes, and physics.
    I use a MOMO wheel and pedals.
    Not my first choice in wheels but it's about all I'm willing to spend on a wheel.

I've found that setup sharing has been pretty useless for me.
    Driving styles are so different. When I load up one of these hot setups it aint so hot to me. Typically I drive deep in the corners.
    It just takes time to develope a good setup.

I ignore most of the setup features except, brake bias, rear springs and track bar to begin with.
    The rest of the features I use for fine tuning.
    Something else to play with is weight forward and weight back. That can make a big difference in a setup.

I do have a Dover setup I developed that I can whoop the field with racing on 100%. It's an agressive style setup and tire wear isn't a problem.
    Spent about 3 hours in development and just happened across it.

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Mark.

I've found the same thing using setups I found online. I would tweak everything as written, and start around the track with awful results. I am not a NASCAR fan, but I do enjoy racing games and the realism with this game is unbelievable.

I tend to drive shallow into the corners and deep coming out, hugging the wall on the straights. This usually works for me but I am getting a LOT of tire wear and the car wants to pull to the left.