NASCAR: "The Wind Tunnel"

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Feb 25, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Post your thoughts here if you need to vent and let off some steam. Everything from drivers,owners, teams, fans, tracks, nascar rulings and officials, penalties, cheating...etc. :wink:

I'll start off with the Robby Gordon penalties at Daytona. Ok so he was caught with an illegal nose piece before the race. They corrected it and the car was legal during and after the race. Its only after the race that Nascar penalizes Robby Gordon 100 race points and $$$$$$, plus a 6 week suspension for the crew chief. Now I can agree with the fine and suspension, but find it rediculous to dock 100 points for a completely legal car in the race.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im pi$$e& at the horrible start to 08 season. we had a wonderful 3-1/2 snooze fest to see a 4 lap drag out and one line check up to just a terrible 500 imo.

and the crap with california. oh man. last i knew at 11pm central time they were getting ready to fire and run the race in full. put a tape in the vcr and hit rec only to find out this morning that i have 8hrs of usless fox late night tv. and missed it while working.

whats next las vegas blows up????

oh but 99carl edwards99WINS> we hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its my understanding that the only difference is the name of the make of car.
    Come on , its a COT, the bodies are all the same.
    It wouldnt matter race wise if he had Impala SS on the front end.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im soo mad right now........... i will tell you all later!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh: :crazy: rollo

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I wonder what nascar does with the $100,000 fines. Must use it to improve the sport. :smile2:

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Fines are put into the championship pool.

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I for one say FREE ROBBY
    I saw the race today on dvr after having record 10 30 min shows to watch it.Carl Edwards looked good the way he was flying around the track.As for the Nationwide I recorded it and haven't seen it yet

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The thing that makes me mad is the new cars. I know this has been kicked around here before but I just don't like them!
    Bill

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I can say when cars break lose that back end has saved numerous wrecks. I think the thing that got on my nerves was the way debris keep getting stuck in the splitter. All in all I am starting to like the COT

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    robby gordon appeal coming up. will help those with him in fantsy league if he gets his 100 points back. for one it would put wolfman within 9 pionts of the leader if hes givin them back.:crazy:

and we finally got a good race. no rain no snooze fest. good racing battles for lead and plenty of swisted metal. and i thought i would have to wait a while to see edwards win after missing last weeks while at work,lol. nope, he wanted me to see one.

11. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Las Vegas race mis-cue in the pits of Carl Edwards when photographer gets in the way of the action and tire gets loose. Could have cost Carl the win, did Nascar make the right call?

12. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    heck no NASCAR didnt make the right call! The 99 team should have gotten the camera guy out of the way.The 99 team should have been spanked.It wasnt Robby Gordons fault that Dodge sent him the wrong part,Yet he was fined and points were taken away! Alot of eyes will be watching Robbies appeal.smokey

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good post Smoke! You know what the big difference is between Robbie's deal and Edwards don't you? The Cat In The Hat! If Robbie was driving for one of the big car owners I don't think he would have been punished the way he was.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i stand corrected. wolfman gets the 100 back for robbie. but lost 100 for edwards,lol. sorry. you score is unchanged.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok i have a gripe. what the hell was the kayne commercial? doin freakin britney spears dances to scorpions?????????? good lord off all the tastless ones ive seen it was a tie between that and HEY. if ya want juan montoya doing gum commercials at least make him learn to speak english!.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well they were to busy doing there job. the camera man should have been fined. they should be smart enough to stay away from pit wall. thats what the mini remote cams are for. should the race leader at talledega be fined for goin below the line if a reporter runs on to the track??????:crazy:

gordon got his points back. nascar relized they made a mistake that wasnt there fault. and ive seen prior races where teams werent penalized for loose tires when it was out of there hands. "like when a car hits them from within there pit box."

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey don't bash Britney!!! She's very talented!! I am trying to get a job as her pool boy and trimming her hedges for $85 an hour....:tounge_out::smile2:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i heard montoya was looking for a new gardener. i think he said that the big red rose garden wansnt big enough. or he wanted fried chicken. im not sure i dont speak his language,lmao.

19. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Speaking of Montoya, the open wheel speed demons not too good and certainly not performing up to expectations. Juan Montoya leads that pack but doesnt seem to improving any from last year. Sam Hornish Jr, Dario Franchitti and Patrick Carpentier are at the bottom of the standings. And heck Jacques Villenueve just quit after failing to qualify at Daytona. I thought these guys were suppose to be the greatest in the world.:angry:

20. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I think they should have spent a season or 2 in the minors before full time cup right off the bat.