Nasal surgery this morning

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jlingle, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well family, I'm going under the knife this morning. I'll be leaving for the surgery center in about 10 minutes. I haven't been able to breathe well out of my nose since highschool, and now it's caused a severe problem with sleep apnea. My ENT doctor is going to straighten out my septum, reduce my turbinates(dangly things in your nose) and root out my sinuses so that I will have some use of them. I won't go into details, but I think I"m gonna lose some flesh & bone in the deal. Gonna be sore for a while.

Please pray for a quick recovery for me. Sitting in the house and not going fishing will be a bad deal. There are some small risks involved in the surgery as well. Just pray that God's hand will guide the surgeon's hand and watch over me.

Jerrod

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thoughts, well wishes and prayers on there way.

3. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Jerrod, My thoughts and prayers will be with you this morning and through your recovery.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thought and prayer for you and things should be just fine.Just look at the time recovering you can spend with the rest of us here on the BOC and
    tell us some good fish stories.Be praying for you.

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Prayers for you Jerrod for comfort and a quick recovery.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Jerrod, I've had the ol' beak worked over, too. It will change your life, bro...best thing I ever did for myself.

You're in my thoughts.

7. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    my mother just had her sinus rooted out about a month ago she was out of action for a day or two but she can now smell alot of things that she could not before and my dad says she snores alot less now so good luck jerrod and have a quick recovery and keep us posted on how you are doing

8. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    good luck Jerrod, been there, done that. one thing ya gotta remember is its worth it!. preyers sent buddy.

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for a successful surgery and for a very quick recovery. Hope the pain won't be too bad for you.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He kept having sinus infections but it really helped him alot. Thoughts and prayer for ya brother everything will be fine. You will be amazed at how much different ya feel! Let us hear from now!:big_smile:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent brother, keep us posted.

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent your way. Let us know how everything turns out.

13. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Praying here for you now, Jerrod, for a smooth procedure and quick recovery! Trusting that all is going well for you and the improvement will be dramatic :smile2: Please let us know when you can and thanks for sharing this with us.

Carolyn

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Praqyers sent your way. Will be thinkin about you.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Positive thoughts and prayers from NC Jerrod.....just come in and spend some time with us here on the BOC :smile2:. If you can't GO fishin', at least you can talk about it....besides, it'll help your recovery time pass SO much faster :lol:. Hope you're up and at 'em again soon buddy!

16. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    if its anything like mine it'l be a few days before we hear from him, more prayers sent. :crazy:

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well, I'm hurtin' pretty good. The doctor said the surgery went extremely well and he seemed very pleased with the results. He's got me blowing some stuff up my nose, and for the first time since I don't know when, it actually hits my throat. It's weird. He had me on an enmormous dose of steroids and antibiotics before the surgery, so I'm hoping that swelling and such will be minimal.

Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes. I've gotta get back to bed before Mt. St. Nostril erupts again.:cool2:

18. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the update, Jerrod... gotta be glad that part's done with! Sounds like rest is some of the best medicine right now. Hope you're snoozing good and will wake up alot more comfortable. Prayers continuing.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky

20. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Mt. St. Nostril...LOL!

Just wait 'till you get...THE SCAB.

You'll be torn between being grossed out, and calling people over to see what may well be a new world record!:big_smile: