narrows resevoir 3/7

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigdmat, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bigdmat

bigdmat New Member

State:
    lexington,nc
    hey guys need some advice. My wife and I are going to camp at Badin 3/7 thru 3/16 and going to target some blues while we are there, hope the weather is freindly . For this time af year what areas and water depth should I try to target. Seems like alot of people like the Whitney area, do other parts of the lake produce blues this time of year. I have mainly been fishing a carolina rig but seen where alot of you guys sre suspending off of bottom. What range from bottom should I be in? thanks in advance

Darin

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    darin you picked a great week to come to badin first off. The bad news is there is a catfish tourney on 3/8. NCCATS. Now the rest of the bad part is that tourney is paying a 1000.00 to first place so getting information before that date on what area to fish is going to be tuff!:smile2: Now the good news is you are welcome to fish this tourney or you can simply come to the weight in at 3.00 at Alcoa landing and if you hang around real close you will learn where to fish. Badin is a tuff lake to learn and i dont think nobody has it pegged. I will say you can catch blues from one end to the other but key is locating the big ones. Some will say go up river and some will say go down river depending on what day your talking about. i can tell you this...if you catch a good one stick with that area of the lake. There will be more with it. I wish i could tell you more but im going after that 1000.00:wink: Maybe meet you at the weigh in. I will help you then ...no problem.

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Where will you be camping Darin? I have a camper at Badin Shores and am there on weekends.

4. bigdmat

bigdmat New Member

State:
    lexington,nc
    Micheal,
    As for the tourney I think I have alot of learning to do before I go up against you guys,But I have already made plans to hit the weigh-in. I want to see some of those monsters. Maybe i'll bump into you there.

Jerry,
    I'll be staying at the Badin lake campground lot#7. but it will be hard to catch me there . i'll be on the water as much as I can :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:. see you guys of the water.

Darin

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have a 24 foot pontoon with a black pirate flag on back, give a wave:big_smile:

6. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    If you catch some sunny days that warm up the water and you want to catch some numbers of fish, try fishing shallow coves and back in the creeks like Gar Creek. Don't be afraid to fish 3-5' deep.

The area between the RR and the dam holds big fish that time of the year. This is the place to be when they are moving water through the dam. Start on the shallow flats adjacent to the channel. If that doesn't work, move to the channel edges then to areas in the channel where you find rocks and other structure that fish can hide around. There are some rocky bluffs on the bank that the channel buts up against that I have had good luck around.