Name & Address on Jug Lines

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Old Bill, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    In Oklahoma a person is allowed 20 jug lines, with 5 hooks per line. The regulations state that the owner's name and address must be on each jub line.

The regulations do not state how or what method must be used for placing the name and address on the jug lines.

In past years I have always placed my name on my jugs, but, to be truthful, I have seldom added my address because of the lack of space...plus my lazy nature!:crazy:

This year I'm changing out my large jugs and going with only noddle type jugs. Mainly because of space limitations in my 14' V-bottom boat. :sad2:

So this year here is what I'm going to do...provided my water tests work out OK. I'm going to place labels, that are designed to be placed on outgoing mail envelopes, on my noddle jugs!:big_smile:

Each year I receive a large quanity of envelope labels from different Veteran Groups. I never use even a fourth of the number I receive, so there are lots of labels available to use.

I have placed labels on the upright end of the PVC pipe that is the heart of the noddle system that I'm using. I've also used a magic marker pen to mark my name only on the foam part of the noddle.

I'm now soaking one of the labels in a water pail to see if it will be necessary to coat the labels with a polyurathane coating.

I'll let you know the results....

Oh yes....I'm letting my address be shown...just in the event anyone wishes to send money...gifts...old or new boats, fishing gear,etc, etc, etc.!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2::roll_eyes:

Bill

Attached Files:

2. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    Good stuff Bill, I had asked myself that very question this morning, thinking about the limb line thread that is going on right now.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I too put address label on my jugs. I use 2 liter bottles. I then just wrapped a piece of clear tape around it and it hasn't given me any grief.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bill for a great idea. Lot cheaper that buying metal engraved dog tags.

5. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Bill--- if you need to cover the labels. I would suggest using "Enviro-Tex" you can find it at craft sotres. This is what I use to get a thick glossy look on fish in my taxidermy studio. Its a two part epoxy type. That wont effect paper or writting. As far as that goes you might can use the 5 minutes 2 part epoxy from a auto parts store. I would be incline to go ahead and cover the label with something due to "wear and tear".

Good idea you get there!
    ~Teddy

6. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Oh Phooy! And here I thought I'd invented something new!:confused2: I guess that means I won't be getting free gifts?

Brian, that's a good idea about using clear tape. Thanks!

7. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Teddy, my wife has a ton of craft stuff. I'll check and see what she has on hand. I also have some 2 part epoxy left over from a wooden boat project....but, it's slow drying. Not that that should matter I guess.

8. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Mickey,

I have heard about people using metal tags, but I have never seen one on a jug. I guess us Okies are too poor to buy them!:smile2::smile2:

9. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Yep! The address labels need some water proof protective covering! After only 7 hours in water my test label started coming apart! :crazy:

So, now onto the next stage! :tounge_out:

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Bill,

Use the lables, but laminate them. Then simply cut them out, and use the clear tape to afix them to your jug. After lamination, they will last many years.

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I think that is a great idea.Id take a spray polyurethane or clear spray paint to it.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hadn't thought about using on jugs,however I do have those mailing address labels on pretty well all my poles. Stick them on them covered them with clear tape.Been on there since last summer and haven't faded out yet.Good luck on your experment.