$nakehead Fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dieselcat, Aug 31, 2008.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Has anyone heard of this fish or ever caught one?I was watching video's of this fish on youtube and they are mean.from what i've read they will kill and eat just about any other fish.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Never heard of this kind of fish. Where do they come from.

Tom

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Asia. There was a show on them on the Discovery channel (I think). They found them first in MD if I remember right and now they've found them in several other places in the Northeast.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've watched the video also on youtube along with on a tv documentary. That has to be one mean fish there. Sure glad so far we have none in the Ohio valley yet.

5. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    under 12 inches long you get $10, 13-24 inches you get $25 and over 24 inches you get $50, lol they have a bounty on them because they shouldnt be in American waters, they spawn in large numbers and they compete for all the food with other fish

6. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Yes they are a very bad deal and i heard of reports in southern states too they get up to six feet long and eat anything the say swimming in waters with them is very dangerous they better do something about them now.

7. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    That is crazy. I just went to you tube and watched a few videos of them. They are weird looking. And they are also very aggressive. I would hate to have to deal with one of those if I ever caught one. If they can do that to a fish just imagine what it would do to your hand.

8. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason
    Yea the snake head is an extremely aggressive fish frome Asia. I think they got in the water systems frome people dumping them when they got to big for their aquariums. I am in the tropical fish business and they have been illegal for some years now because some people are irresponsible. It definitley is one cool fish if you keep it in a large aquarium and oh boy are they mean.

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    It's not uncommon to hear of a few caught each Summer around the Philly area. :wink:

10. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    can someone be so kindly to send me the link so i can see what the hell they look like so if i catch one i can run like hell lol