nail biter for the buckeyes

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by skunkedagain, Sep 8, 2008.

1. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Too close of a game this week,maybe the mac is getting tougher.Usc next week is going to be a big test after they should have got beat by ou.They better pull it together.We will see

2. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm thinking a lot of teams went into this weekend a little too cocky. OSU survived a close one, but West Virginia wasn't so lucky. My Huskers struggled against San Jose State, until the 4th. Teams that aren't supposed to be good are getting better, thanks in part to the scholarship caps, and you just can't look past anybody anymore.

I was kinda hoping Frank Solich and Ohio could've pulled it off, though.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is a lot of talent out there, and the old push overs, are so easy to push anymore. East Carolina, just beat West Virginia in every aspect of the game.

Ohio State, got lucky. I dont think next week they will be so lucky. They were lucky they didnt drop farther in the polls, the reason I think they didnt, is because after the USC game they "Should go unbeaten"

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    the MAC was playing the Big-10 tough all over last week. Wisconsin was down 14-0 to bowling green before scoring something like 52 unanswered points....OSU and OU went to the 4th quarter.......then Michigan, which we know at a low point in a big transition from what they've been for the last 40 years.....well we barely beat Miami (ohio) .....Although, for the first three drives Michigan's offense was really clicking and a lot of wolverine fans got a lil glimpse of what we're working toward. Just give Rich a lil time.....we're gonna be good...........GO BLUE!! we play the Biting Irish next sat. 3:30 on NBC......

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I hope the ohio state Suckeyes pull it off next week.........for the sake of the Big-10 Conference........i get it bad down here in SEC country.....

I was watching the Michigan game last week with my dad, my dad came walked in the room during Lou Holtz lil half time skit " Dr. Lou" .....ahh man....my dad had me laughing so hard i was crying....lol

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Spread is 10, hmmmmmm

I think that all them Ohio boys playin Ohio boys was a big deal for OU.

Just think of how big of a Stadium and National Coverage that OU got. It was their National Championship really. They were playing their hearts out and OSU was looking ahead.

I think it will be a close game next week and will be decided by a TD or less. Mark my words.

The west coast travel scares me but it is what it is.

Go Bucks!!

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hope they were looking ahead for their sake, USC is stacked with talent. It appears to me that Ohio State has a one man team. Even if you are looking ahead to the next game, you have to have some kind of game plan to run, it might not be what you would plan for them, but at least you should be able to execute. I dont buy "teams looking ahead", if nothing else run the same game plan you did the week prior, they should have beaten Ohio U. by a lot more, not this last minute stuff late in the 4th quarter after trailing into the 3rd.

They are going to have a tough time on the east coast.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It won't be a nail biter this week!

With an unhealthy Chris Wells, it's gonna be a long day for the Buckeyes.

9. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think USC has won the last 5 meetings against Ohio St. so maybe the Buckeyes are DUE. It's definitely the game to watch this Sat nite.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I also tend to think that Tressel would not open the play book at all for OU. I am sure he has plays up his sleave for the team.

It will be a great game and either way I'm a Buckeye for life. So, I'll be screamin in joy or agony one during the game, lol.

11. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'd say prepare for the agony, that way it won't be so bad! I can't stand USC, but they are the real deal. Atleast y'all can always say well Beanie wasn't healthy!:smile2::wink:

12. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I can't stand either team, so it'll be great to watch one of 'em get beat, no matter who it is.

I think USC will have it wrapped up by halftime. Sorry, Buckeyes...