N0 Power!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by brinley45cal, Jan 31, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just got my power on late last night,ive been in a hotel for 3days cause even with a fireplace it just wasnt cutting it.On top of that i figured id go get a generator cause i was sick of that hotel room,well i finally found a generator got it back home to find my power back on,Go figure.If i hadnt bought it i probably still not have any power, thats about how lucky i am:roll_eyes:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just hang on to that generator its a good investiment. Never know when you will need it again.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i know what you been through without power did a week without power a fews years back myself no fun living in one room basically with a kerosene heater

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Glad you got it back, yep I'd hang onto that generator or next time you'll be kickin yourself.
    One of my sisters got her power back today and one is still without...hopefully soon, they live around Louisville area.

Keep warm.

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it lol..ill never be without one now..

6. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah i guess ill hang onto the generator,you cant even find them anymore around here for the last few days,they are like gold.

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Keep that thing, and be glad your pipes didn't bust all over.

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    My power went out Tuesday around 9:30am :eek:oooh:.Came on today at 12: 30pm.:wink::cool2:Man am I a happy camper..:smile2:

I think your moms and sisters up here Mike will be on soon, Its working its way up towards them ,as I told my sister today:wink:

9. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Glad to hear the power on

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I saw someone not far away who had 8 on his truck. I wonder how he managed to get that much GOLD???:angry:

11. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Thats a good question i went over to home depot yesterday to get cords and a space heater and they just got some generators in and people were snatching them up as soon as they were coming off the truck.Same thing with the heaters when i got there they said they were out but before we left they had a few come in on the same truck and i was lucky to get one of those but they didnt last long either.Its crazy:crazy:

12. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Our power went out last monday night, we just got power back. Still have no internet and cell phone service is spotty. I'm on my wifes laptop at a cafe in Murray.

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck guys, we where fortunate and just got snow. This summer though we got all the high winds from the hurricane and lost power for over a week and bought a generator then. It wasnt nearly so bad though because it wasnt cold. Will never get rid of the genorator though. Have even found it helpfull for other things. Good luck guys.

14. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It'll be good to have around but it needs to be ran every now and then instead of just sitting, just like a car.

15. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Be sure to hide or secure that generator. Dang meth heads will steal anything and everything.:sad2: