N Texas bank fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by radiogod, Feb 19, 2007.

1. radiogod

radiogod New Member

State:
    Dallas, Texas,
    Hello all! Any good places to bank fish in the N Texas area around Ray Roberts or Lewisville ?

Thanks!

2. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish Ray Roberts a lot. If you turn right on 922 in Valley View and go to the lake, there are some pretty good spots there to fish. If you want to fish on the South side, turn on 455 and go to the dam.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    fished lewisville a lot growing up, but don't know where the heck i was! great lake right there...

4. BlueTx

BlueTx New Member

State:
    Texas
    The North branches of Ray Roberts are insane feeding grounds. The timbers provide excellent cover and I had a lot of success. If you come off of 35E N and exit FM 3002, head all the way down passed the 2nd bridge and you'll turn on a little farm road to the left right after the bridge. Go down a little ways and you'll find a little crossing bridge. Park there and you'll have hiking access to all of the big timbers on the entire north side of the lake. Hope this helps.

Good Fishin',
    Brandon

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    In general: Ray Rob channel cats, Lewisville channels and blues.
    Lewisville will have bigger fish (blues) and more in numbers but less reachable structure from the bank (older lake).
    Ray Rob is newer (more structure) and has better bank access. The northern half of the lake was built/designed for fishing and hunting.
    Both are certainly worth wetting a hook in especially if you are after cats 5 lbs or less.
    My two cents from the bank: if the wind has been blowing out of the same direction for a day or two, fish a bank with structure (timber) with the wind blowing into your face (into the bank).

6. radiogod

radiogod New Member

State:
    Dallas, Texas,
    Just bought a new boat and I will try the Pecan Creek area today. Thanks for the info!