"N.F.L. Free Agents"

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by shania, Feb 28, 2009.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I Know - I Know":0a14: - We are no where close to the start of the N.F.L. season, but you know how I always say that
    "I think that you guys here are the real Coaches & G.M. of the game"
    Well I just couldn't resist in asking you all what you guys think about all of the "Free Agent Moves" in the N.F.L. so far?
    :confused2:
    Because I think that there's "No Way" some of the players would ever get the kind of money out of me that they are receiving.
    (But that's just me)
    So tell me what you all think about it.
    :0a36:

Take it easy Gang,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    100million to Albert Haynesworth??? Thats just stupid and a waste of money.. What happens the next time he stomps on someones face? They are gonna boot him! What then?

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the big head scratcher for me so far was the broncos looking to trade cutler. they wanted cassel and were looking to trade cutler? don't get that one at all as cutler is a good quarterback. now you have a ticked off starting quarteback. not a good situation at all going on out there.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Another one of Daniel Snyder's answers to the Redskin's problems.

Get rid of Jason Campbell, and bring in Cassel or Cutler.

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I agree, the Redskins owner still thinks that throwing money to the salary cap is going to give him a championship, but they still have to become a team.

Why is Marvin Harrison thinking he can go elswhere and be a starter or even get starter money? he is too old to do that, his production has gone down significantly and the one place where he knows the plays and the QB is Indy, he should have taken the paycut and stop thinking that he is still the player he once was.

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Can't hate on Fat Albert. It's a business remember. :wink:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Fellows - I see that "Mr. Snyder" (Redskins) & a guy that has also been trying hard to buy a championship for years now, "Mr. Al Davis" (Raiders) - Have a lot in common. :0a14:
    :wink:lol

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the redskins let jason taylor go? the broncos keep signing journeymen running backs? Houshmenzada signs with the seahawks? i can see t.j. going for the money but who is going to throw him the ball? he should have gone to philly. looks like the ravens are losing everybody.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Your Right" about the T.J. deal :0a28:- I was thinking the same thing :0a14:- he would have been perfect for Philly.
    :wink:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Philly is content with mediocre recievers like Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant, and White Lightning (Kevin Curtis).

Get rid of McNabb and bring in Cutler!

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Hoos-Your-Momma will soon realize that Matt Hasselbeck is horrible!

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Sorry guys, I could not resist:smile2::smile2:

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    One thing I do have to say is that I am somewhat disapointed in the fact that my beloved Bears have not been more active in the free agent market, they signed a OT who they think can replace John Tait since he is retairing. That is all they have done, no other player has visited the Bears that I eard. I keep wondering if they think they are better than they really are?! that is why I didn't want them to make the playoffs whit other teams help, it sends the wrong sence of achivement.

The Bears have been historically cheap, never going for a big name player and choosing to build thru the draft and sign their own players, but when they don't have a real WR, why not try someone out there. Last year they signed Marty Booker and Brandon Loyd, they are gone this year. Why not get a couple more guys and create competition?
    I love the Bears but man they are cheap!

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Agreed! What would you do if you were Albert?
    1. Stay with Titans, maybe win a championship if Vince Young gets with game, and make $50 million.

or

2. Play for the Redskins, never, never, never ever win a championship, and make $100 million?

The guy pretty much ensured that his children, grandchildren, and great-great granchildren will not have to work.

15. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Avant was great in college with local QB Chad Henne throwin the ball to him

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Also as a Jets fan thank you for Lito Sheppard,and the acquisition of the madbacker Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard from the Ravens, Jets D should be a little more to deal with this year:cool2:

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good move as tampa signs derrick ward to contract. bad move is bengals keeping cedric benson. boy between the browns and bengals and the ravens i don't know if the steelers are ever going to lose the division in the next 20 years. which is great for me.:wink: these other three teams are all just train wrecks right now and i can't help but laugh :smile2:.

18. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I agree, the Jets should be better on defence, not sure about the offence.
    Who is the QB now? I am not beeing smart I honestly don't know who they have at QB

The Ravens are getting much worse on the defensive side, so many good players are leaving, I would not be surprised if Ray-Ray does not come back either.

19. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    T.O. is gone, now thats funny stuff there. bengals sign coles? yeah that helps. denver signs simms to be backup qb and continue signing also ran rb's as in j.j. arrington and lamont jordan to go with buckhalter. what are they thinking? ravens keep ray lewis and get matt birk at center. not a bad day for them.

20. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    How is resigning Benson a bad move? The guy came in during the middle of the season and made an immediate impact. He had our longest running play AND passing play of the season. Rushed for over 100 yards in the last two games of the season and 171, the most by a Bengal in 68 games. He played half the season and racked up 747 yards. He was the ONLY good point of our terrible offense last year.

Plus, I think that everybody can agree the guy is aggressive and a physical beast. I think even Palomalu would agree with that after he tried to tackle Benson on the longest run play against the Steelers all season. And all he got for his trouble was he ended up laying flat on his back with a concussion! :smile2: