myth lies and stupidity#1

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by beespringer, Oct 18, 2009.

1. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Whats your opinion?

[youtubevid]/v/xDZBAjTjBYs&hl[/youtubevid]

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I do believe it takes a virus to catch a cold. Since I retired and don't see as many people I seldom get a cold. On the other hand since I retired 4 1/2 yrs. ago I never have a day off!! LOL

3. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I don't know where the "cold=sickness" idea came from, but I don't believe it one bit. I'm always out when it's cold, and I've seen no difference between me and my family members who try to stay warm all the time. :roll_eyes:

I also agree on free time. It's a parallel to the way many say they have no money. My cousin always whines about her and her boyfriend having no money, yet they only buy designer clothes. :confused2:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    If being in a cold enviroment means you get colds.....I'd be sick all the time. I work in a cold food storage facilty. It's being in contact with a virus that gives you a cold. People just spend more time in the winter at close quarters, so they spread more viruses. So now......I have the solution to this problem......Do more winter fishing......:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I always thought to get cold and wet your immune system was at a greater chance of being weakened and therefore more likely to catch cold..as far as the having free time I guess we just dont realize how much we waste day to day.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I already knew about the colds, and I didn't have enough time to watch the rest of the video.......what was it about?

7. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi

Hahahahaha!
    :smile2:

8. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Lol! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    im with dan i work in food coolers that average 34 degrees and fish and hunt in the cold and every once in a while i might get a runny nose but i dont whine about it i just keep on keepin on.