My Winter Catfish - Pictures and info!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 24, 2005.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey ya'll, in this thread I'm gonna share alot of pics and stories of fish that I (Hopefully ;) ) will catch this winter.

Here's the first blue cat of this winter for me, the pic is kinda blurred for some reason.....sorry :confused:

The fish have been biting until the first official day of winter....go figure....I did happen to get this eater blue though at the last minute of the fishing trip....litteraly as we were packing up without getting any bites....this one hit on a whole bream threaded on the hook. Caught him just a few hours ago.
    At Lake Gaston, North Carolina. Nice night on the water.....very peaceful, had a good time with my dad as I always do, no matter what. :)

Well here's the pics....I figure he's only about 5-6 lb.....first fish of this winter for me. Hopefully there will be many more to come.

Yall take it easy, and Merry Christmas to my BOC brothers and sisters, Zakk :)

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any fish this time of year is a good fish, congrats!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man, a couple days ago I was tearing 'em up.....cats and stripers all around 10-15 lbs.....slowed down a little now.....no problem....going again tommorow morning......hopefully I will have some more pics to share. :D

Merry Christmas, Zakk :)

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Went out again and did better this time. My dad got a 8 lb striper, and we got a few eater size blue's.....we left with them biting because we had to do some Christmas stuff.....but now were going back, were gonna tell the rest of the family were doing some last minute Christmas shopping....LOL ;) :D
    Hopefully thier still biting.....maybe this time I'll get me a big blue to give a little CPR love.......smile for the camera darlin'.....LOL :D

Here's the pics:

Attached Files:

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Nice guys!!! I wish my dad shared the same love of long nights by the water, but I realize that some have the bug, and some don't. Keep sharing the pics, it keeps this snow bound fisherman happy until spring.

Ray

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's, yeah I really appreciate the fact that my dad takes me fishing all the time.....even though most of the time he outfishes me... :rolleyes: ...LOL
    But he's supposed too, he's got alot more experience than me of course....That's why I'm he Katmaster JR and my dad's the Katmaster SR........LOL :D

I'll keep sharing any pics I have, I'll take a few pics of the lake today just to show ya'll how beutiful it is out there..... :) Well it's about time for me to go fishing again.....yall take it easy and have a Merry Christmas, Zakk :)

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :thumbsup:
    When you can go out, - at this time of the year, - and get results like that :eek: - That's a big thing in my book!

"Good Job" & "Merry Christmas",
    Bert :cool:

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's bud, yeah it can get hard this time of year....glad to be catching fish.
    Well I'm gonna go ahead back to the lake and try my luck again...... :D

Merry Christmas, Zakk :) :) :)

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Good luck Bro!!!! keep us posted.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Better than I did today :sad:

11. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Great pics.Keep that frying pan hot and busy. :D After New Years I hope to be back on the water again.Till then-family get togethers ya know. Have to let em know I'm still alive. ;)

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice fish & pics, Zakk. You're a lucky young man to have the Dad that you do. Give him an extra hug for xmas. :D

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some nice fish, I wish I did not live so far north!

14. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Way to go! It dont get much better then that! Christmas Fishing with dad!Those kind memories last a lifetime. Merry Christmas!

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's yall, I do diffently enjoy the fishing trips with my dad.

Ok here's the story and pic for our trip we did this afternoon:

Fished at the same place we been catching fish, it was a nice day....in the 60's with a small breeze. Well at first the fish were not biting at all....but we just kept fishing until about 8 pm. Total we were there from 2-8 pm.
    Ok well as soon as it got dark we started getting a few hits from blue cats.
    Then it got slow for a while....when all the sudden one of my dads clickers started screaming...like zzzzttttttt......he had a whole 8 inch bream on there for bait.....he hooked the fish, it was huge, pulling drag, and then all the sudden nothing.....he lost the fish :eek: :cursing: :sad:
    He said he thinks it was the biggest fish he's hooked all this year, he said he estimates it to be over 50 pounds....looked like it the way his pole was bent way over, and he had a stiff pole too!

Well after that they started hitting great! But we had to leave soon, so we didnt have much time left to fish. Well I hooked one nice one myself, didnt feel real big but did feel like what I would say was about 15-20 pounds.
    Then we got some hits on big chunks of cut bait Carp, missed the fish again....I dont know what was wrong with our hooks tonight.... :confused: or what was wrong with us ;) Anyway at the last minute as we were packing up my dad caught one 4-5 lb blue on a 5 inch shad....hey better than nothingm but wish we had caught all the fish we hooked though, thats how it goes.....if we caught all of them it would be called catching and not fishing..... :D

Ya'll take it easy, and have a great and Merry Christmas!!!

Here's the pic of the fish my dad caught:

Attached Files:

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here's another pic from early this winter....I just got this one back. It's a real small one but hey at least I caught something.....I threw him back.
    BTW: reason my hair looks Terrible :eek: is because the wind was blowing super hard :eek:

Attached Files:

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My dad and I went fishing again last night. Went to the same place we've been catching fish this winter. It was a school night so I only had a couple hours to fish. Well they were hitting pretty good. We were using whole 4-8 inch bream and shad threaded on the hook. And there was alot of fish hitting, but we only ended up catching 3 nice blues. I hooked one that fealt like it was pretty big but it got off. :cursing: It was a nice night on the water, the 3 blues we caught were from like 4-5 lb or so. My dad got two, and I got one....he beat me again.... :mad: ....LOL :D
    But mine was a little fatter than his though. :D

Here's the Pic's:

Attached Files:

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here's a few more pics from the trip.....one of them is of some of the fishing poles....we were using about 12 poles at the time, you cant see them all though in the pic.

Attached Files:

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Way To Go"
    It looks like you & your dad know how to get out there and get them! Those are some nice fish buddy. :thumbsup:
    :0a23:
    Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's bud, we are getting better and better the more we get out there. Winter can be pretty hard from the bank. Esspecialy considering theres not alot of bank access on the lake we fish.

Take it easy, Zakk :)