My windshield leaks/roof leaks

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by mavmannate, Sep 4, 2009.

1. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    I have an s10 blazer 1988. Leaks. any cheap ideas!?

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Duct tape.:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    What type of molding is on the front glass a lot will have a hard surround and other came out with a rubber syle that is wider. "IF" it has the wider rubber style you could roll it back and shot caulk in the channel for a temp fix. What on the roof leaks (sunroof)?

4. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    I think it leaks through the windshield and down into the roof area and leaks out the leather cieling... was custom. last guy who owned it did it. its sweet.

...always drips rite on my knees!

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Go out get some powder laundry detergent look for one that states some like brightens whites mix it up real good with some water like in a 5 gal. bucket. Next you need a black light. Pour the mix all over the window seal and the roof. The laundry detergent will make the water glow when the black light hits it, quick and easy way to track a water leak.

6. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    good tip once finished get yourself a caulk gun and some caulk and find somebody who can do a clean job with it then color it in with a permanent marker to conceal it worked on my old prelude sunroof

7. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    ok cool. i have a calk gun and i have silicone to use. ill have to do that tomorrow if its not raining. thanks guys!:big_smile:

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    PARK IT IN THE GARAGE:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

Oh jesus... lol. you wanna come build a double car garage in my backyard? I will LET you! One for the boat, one for the blazer. LOL. I had to take my truck trailer up to grandmas house because the city is gonna have a fit about it being in the street (or at least the boss says).... Im gonna park the boat in the backyard up against the house durring winter covered up. The city code says it has to be on concret or gravel. But if I cover it up and all, Im not sure anyone will even know what it is. lol.

10. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    why not just use a tarp to cover your blazer then?:tounge_out:

11. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Or just buy black caulk.:big_smile: