My Wifes Going To Kill Me

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Feb 17, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So long guys, it's been nice knowing you. :crying:

I went into my local tackle shop today. (Problem #1)

The owner said "I have something to show you" (Problem #2)

"It's a CHROME ABU ROCKETT..... Here take a feel" (Problem #3)

Well, I'm not going to even try & describe the way the reel feels. All I can say is that I used to be a hunting & fishing dep manager at a sporting goods store. I've never felt anything convential baitcaster this nice. What a steal for a mear $199.99! ---> Yes $200, but man, it seems worth it. You all will be proud of me... I did NOT buy the reel. Came close to having him sit it back for me though.

They have the limited edition violet 6500's in. (Problem #4) I've been wanting one for a while. Again you'd be surprised at me, I didnt buy it. I will have one soon though.

I did buy an Abu Garcia Big Game 10000 for $139.99 (Problem #5)
    Then I was at a cross road. I wanted to mount the 10000 on a Heavy (yes Heavy) action Quantum Big Cat rod, which is as close to a brookstick as you'll find. Then I noticied the pretty red & black rock w/ the new style foam handle (the kind that feels like a batting glove) in the corner. It was the same Fenwick Water Eagle Custom Rod that I had noticed a few weeks ago. These rods were part of a custom rod order the shop had come in. I picked it up & fell in love w/ it.

So anyways.... the crossroad.... I couldnt thik decide between the two rods. (Problem #6) It was a toss up. Go w/ the Ole Faithfull Big Cat or the new sexy WaterEagle. I did what any responsible catfisherman would do..... I BOUGHT BOTH. -No Problem Here, My Wife Will Only Kill Me If She Finds Out

$253 later, I am walking out of the shop.

My wife was home & up as I came in the door from work. I tell her that there is something wrong w/ her Jeep (the one I drove today & that had the rods & reel in it!) so shed have to take mine to work. She bought the story. I am alive tonight, but I dont know how I cna hide these from her for very loing. She knows what rods & reels I have. My (NEXT PROBLEM, #7) problem is two fold. She will crap a brick if she sees my new stuff, but I also think she's going to fall in love w/ the new Fenwick, becasue it looks so hot & would match her red Abu 6000 & Red 7000. I think she will claim the new Fenwicj as hers. The only way I know to solve this issue is to go buy another Fenwick rod! :)

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    oowwww Buddy,
    I hope you did something really special on Valentines Day. (If you didnt it might not be too late.) I'm talkin so special that the Brownie Point meter was off the Charts.
    You probably want to get her, the sexy rod she wants.
    and if all else fails tell her you had a momentary lapse of hmmmm... judgement/weakness and that you can't find the reciept so you can't return the goods.
    Good luck,
    Look forward to hearing the outcome. (I'm about $200.00 and 2 steps behind you)
    thanks
    Larry

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You just aint right man! Tell you what, me being the great guy I am, you can just send them all to me and I will HIDE them from you....oops meant hide them for you.....:rolleyes: ;) ;) :0a24: :0a26:

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    .... Hate The IRS Every Other Friday, But LOVE Them When It's Tax Return Time! ;)

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Its been nice knowing your mellon :p :p :p :p

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Mellon the only problem I see is you didnt buy everything. The way I see it is you work hard for a living paid your dues in life for what....to leave it all behind at the end of lifes journey. No... You need to go out and treat your self to something really nice... You deserve it. Now after you buy all those items if the wife throws you out you head West to AZ and well put that equipment to good use.:0a23: In all seriousness good for you showing restraint!! The hammer fell here a while back about purchases for my boat and fishing supplies. I try to tell her its "just " a hobby. she says like heck it is its an obsession. I have to admitt shes right. Fish on Brother!!!

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    geez dude.................:0a14:

8. WhiskerfishLou

WhiskerfishLou New Member

State:
    Northeastern Indiana
    Well, if she gives ya enough notice, get all of it crated up with my name and address on it... I mean you did say she's gonna kill ya, sssoooo unless you plan on getting planted with them along side ya, who's gonna use them?:eek: :cool: I'd even send her pics of how well the equipment worked for me. :confused: You know she'll at least tally up equal dibs on something she's suddenly believes she has to have or the world will stop spinning. :confused: :wub: :0a37: Better thee than me, pal!

9. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Ever think of saying when you get down to crunch time that they are presents for her because you love her so much and care so deeply for her that you could not resist the temptation to make her life better . . .(yes I am married too and have had some practice at this) DISCLAIMER: ((men married less than 5 years do not try this on your own in your own home))

After she is so enamored with you -maybe days or weeks later- you can mention how nice they are and it would be so nice if you had a set also because she now has an unfair advantage with the spiffy new equipment!

Just a tip from another inmate (husband)

SECOND DISCLAIMER: All advice is for the use of Professional husbands only. If you are not a Professional husband do not try this in your own home!

P.S. I never said this and will never admit to using love or any other sneaky tactics to get what I want!

:grin-big:

10. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    buy it Mellon, buy that second Fenwick. If your going to go down anyway, you might as well do it happy. :)

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Hey buddy, Tell her you got her a late valentine gift!! worked for me ONCE!! Do not try it twice!!:) :)

12. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    OH Bubba!!! When she finds out, she's going to kick your mellon but(t) good. I think you better do the right thing and cowboy up.

Take those new goodies out of the car, walk in to her... face to face, and tell her the truth. "Honey, I know Valentine's Day has passed but, I saw these and thought of you and my undieing love for ya baby"!!!

There's a chance, albeit slim, you might live through this. :cool:

Mike

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    It's been nice knowin ya Mellon, please put my name on yer will for recipt of all of your fishing equipment.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been married 25 years. Trust me, It dont look good for ya. :crying:

I hope you can still walk when it happens. :huh:

15. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Please let us know where we can send the flowers.

16. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would highly recommend adding an addition to your doghouse, have plumbing installed along with the other utilities and get a flea bombing done. You may be there for a long time.

17. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Mellon! Be a man! :mad: You go to her and tell her that you wanted that equipment and that's why you bought them. And if she doesn't like it well then... then you huh... you tell her... yeah you tell her that... well lets see... you say something like this. Woman! I'm the man of the house. What I say around here goes. And if you don't like it then I will sleep on the couch and wash the dishes and do some laundry and wash your car and anything else you want me to until you realize that I am the man of the house or until you tell me I can quit.
    I could go on and on what you should tell her but my wife is ringing her bell. I have to go. Oh wait a minute. I just got divorced last month. I must be hearing things.
    Put your foot down brother!:thumbsup:

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Your not the one that did it....he could get killed!....LOL You gotta be crazy talking like that!...lol:p :p :p

19. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Mellon I am sure Jack would let you hide them in his new boat so your wife would not see them.;) I am just as sure he would take good care of them until you outfish him and they "accidently" get broken:p ....LOL

20. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    what you do is show here all items and say you would be so proud of me cause i just saved alot of money by getting this gear instead of the stuff i was going to buy. at least it worked on the movie.