My wifes big catfish, funny and true story!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jan 4, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rhonda's big cat!

My Wife likes to fish for whatever is hitting, so at times it's hard for me to get her to use big baits. She knows big baits will only take big fish! One night in september of 2001, I managed to get her to use a very large bluegill for bait, and a comical episode followed. After casting out her bluegill, and waiting for over an hour with no action, Rhonda started to complain. She wanted to bait up with something smaller so she could get some hits!

I finally gave in to her complaining and removed her bluegill, and baited her up with a gob of nightcrawlers. She seemed more content in knowing that she had a better chance to catch a smaller fish. It did not take long for her to get a hit. She grabbed her rod and gave a good hard hookset, unfortunately for me her rod cracked me right in the face. My glasses went flying off, and I made a few not so pleasant comments as a big welt raised across the bridge of my nose. Once I regained my composure and located my glasses, I realized that Rhonda had hooked a good one.

The fish was pulling her into the creek! When I got to her she was holding on for dear life, and I was surprised the 20-lb test line she was using had not broke. I decreased the drag on her reel so the fish could take line with out pulling her in. Rhonda fought the fish for appx 20 minutes, with her gaining some line, and then the fish taking it back. Finally I grew tired of watching this battle and suggested that she wade into the creek, to get a better angle on the fish, which was constantly taking her down stream.

That was a big mistake, as she lost her footing and fell. I ran into the water, not to see if my wife was ok, but to try and get her rod. That was another mistake, but I will not get into that here. Anyway I managed to get her rod and handed it back to her after she regained her footing. The fight was back on, but only for a short while as the big fish got her into a snag. I never heard such swearing in my life that came from her mouth, and the more she cussed the harder I laughed. However we can both look back at that night now, and chuckle a little

2. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Jack that was a great story.

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

another great story! hahaha brother if i could give out rep that often i would cuz you earned it! LOL!!

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can almost see that ,I know if it were my wife it would be exactly the same. Thanks for a great story,reps comin when I reload.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good story. Have you got any more of em. Later Andy

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    LOL!! ... Wife happen to be in here when I pulled this thread up and we both had a good chuckle hehe ...

7. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Jack;
    "THANK YOU" for sharing and reps to ya for sharing. I sure wish she could have landed that one as it would have been interesting to have seen it! :sad2: Still, she got some valuable experience on that one!:wink:
    I'm sure the next one that bites on her hooked bait will get landed.:big_smile:
    Again, "Thanks" for sharing!:big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    great story thanks for sharing

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    great story..............sometimes I believe the names are changed to protect the innocent.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well if Im not mistaken your talkin bout the ..............................wife